FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Any reason not to use multiple service accounts?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

bollwerk

Post Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:04 pm

Any reason not to use multiple service accounts?

I'm strongly considering boxing FFXIV, but I can't decide if I should use multiple service accounts under one main umbrella account (MOG?), like Blizzard allows for WoW.
I've found a couple threads here discussing this option vs. having completely separate main accounts for each toon. The only disadvantage I can find to having multiple service accounts under one main account is that if any action is taken against the account, it would affect all service accounts.
Are there any other disadvantages?

Thanks.

EDIT - The main reason I want to have multiple service accounts under a single main account is for using an authenticator. I really don't want to have to get an authenticator for multiple accounts.
<<

Prepared

Post Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:59 am

Re: Any reason not to use multiple service accounts?

bollwerk wrote:I'm strongly considering boxing FFXIV, but I can't decide if I should use multiple service accounts under one main umbrella account (MOG?), like Blizzard allows for WoW.
I've found a couple threads here discussing this option vs. having completely separate main accounts for each toon. The only disadvantage I can find to having multiple service accounts under one main account is that if any action is taken against the account, it would affect all service accounts.
Are there any other disadvantages?

Thanks.

EDIT - The main reason I want to have multiple service accounts under a single main account is for using an authenticator. I really don't want to have to get an authenticator for multiple accounts.

If you don't play for awhile and want to participate in the free login campaign then you won't be able to do it if you have multiple service accounts registered to a single Square Enix account. See: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone ... 229c7324dd

That's about the only other disadvantage I could think of.

Return to Final Fantasy XIV