FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

FPS help

Moderator: MiRai

<<

xCorbi

Post Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:06 am

FPS help

Hello! I am attempting to multibox 4 characters. I can get them all online, I just get FPS spikes frequently. What type of hardware upgrade do I need? It only gives me an issue when I run my characters all on ISBoxer. If I log them all online using the launcher, they don't lag. Also using a gamepad with them on isboxer doesn't seem to make the FPS go crazy either. I run two monitors, On my main monitor I run 3 characters. On 2nd monitor I run 1 character.

My computer's current hardware is:
Processor: Intel i7-4770 @3.50 GHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X-SLI
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 760(on main monitor) & GeForce GTX 550 Ti (on second monitor)
Memory: 8GB RAM

Thank you.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:26 am

Re: FPS help

The only way to know what you should upgrade is to determine your current bottleneck(s). We have a guide for this question: HOWTO: Tweak your framerate. The section you need in order to identify your bottleneck is called "Identifying framerate bottlenecks". Use the linked tool, and if you need help interpreting the information, post a report from the program here -- make surre you're multiboxing the game while using the tool. ;)
<<

xCorbi

Post Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:17 am

Thanks for the reply lax. I went ahead and upgraded my RAM. Here is the bottleneck thing after I doubled my RAM from 8GB to 16GB http://www.privatepaste.com/620f770dfb

Running around outside of town, my 3 slave characters seem to be running good now. But my main is having a lower FPS.
<<

xCorbi

Post Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:45 pm

Any known fix?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:39 pm

xCorbi wrote:Any known fix?

Try a different CPU strategy perhaps? You can always manually adjust your cores under the performance tab of each slot in your Character Set.
<<

xCorbi

Post Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:45 pm

Should my setup be able to run 4 characters or should I drop one? Sorry, meant to ask that question earlier. By the way, thanks for the replies, again.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:51 pm

xCorbi wrote:Should my setup be able to run 4 characters or should I drop one? Sorry, meant to ask that question earlier. By the way, thanks for the replies, again.

I imagine it should be. I 4-boxed the beta, but I didn't do any raiding or high level content. I was using a 2600K, which is less powerful than your CPU, and was splitting the load of the game clients between two GTX 580s -- All of the hardware I was using to multibox was from 2011 and it was manageable. However, I have no idea if any of their recent patches have affected how system resources are used.

Return to Final Fantasy XIV