FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Key modifiers ?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Manta

Post Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:50 am

Key modifiers ?

Well it seems somehow i'm unable to send a Shift/Ctrl/Alt command as well as a keystroke on an unactive window. My second character should get a Shift+P key sent, and end up with only a 'P' sent.

Been trying for the past hour to check If I was forgetting a step, but somehow I even noticed that Isboxer was not more 'intercepting' binded keys and most of them weren't even going through if something was bind in game (for example the Alt+P key that will swap the chat box to /party mode)

Am I just stupid/missing a step here ?

edit: well somehow I've also noticed that a correct "P" was sent (and not a "p") to the second character, but the UI wasn't acting like it was a Shift + P, only a P.

I'm also experiencing some havy sluttering when turning around the camera, like if some frame were skiped, and only when launched via ISboxer.
Last edited by Manta on Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:53 am

Re: Key modifiers ?

Enable the Hold option for any Mapped Keys using Modifiers (e.g. "Hold any Keystroke Actions while Hotkey is held")
<<

Manta

Post Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:01 am

Oh yeah thanks, that worked.

Thanks a lot o/
<<

Fortis

Post Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:09 pm

Hm, is there another way to send key modifiers? I want to send ctrl+1 as an key map action from another key map action and "Hold key" doesn't work.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:12 pm

Fortis wrote:Hm, is there another way to send key modifiers? I want to send ctrl+1 as an key map action from another key map action and "Hold key" doesn't work.

The Hold option would need to be enabled on both Mapped Keys. No there is not another way, due to the way ffxiv processes the modifiers (this is not the case for most games)

Return to Final Fantasy XIV