FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

FFXIV multi Box issue?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

thyword99

Post Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:47 pm

FFXIV multi Box issue?

I'm trying to launch more than 3 accounts, and when I do the third one, it doesn't come up. Is there a display issue? or do I need to do something to be able to get 3 accounts boxed? I'm only on one graphics card, it's a titan though
<<

hamiltonia

Post Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:25 pm

Re: FFXIV multi Box issue?

Did you try to continue launching them - with the 2nd two already running?

I found the same issue when isboxer was trying to virtualize the ffxiv file - if you just continue starting they eventually get created and then the problem goes away. Also be sure to check the task manager to see if there's a half baked instance of ffxiv.exe running (it's usually obvious which is dead because it won't be using nearly as much memory as the other instances).
<<

thyword99

Post Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:48 pm

Well, what's happening is, I will load the first account, launcher, then is shows up. I will load the second launcher, and load account, it shows up. Then when I load the third launcher, and trying launching, I enter info, I hit play, it act's like it loaded, but it's no where to be found. I only have two instances in Task Manager. So it's not letting me load three instances. This is all without the isboxer btw. When I do it with boxer, it does the samething for the third account.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:05 pm

Update your ISBoxer. Help Menu > About
<<

Biggcarl

Post Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:33 pm

thyword99 wrote:Well, what's happening is, I will load the first account, launcher, then is shows up. I will load the second launcher, and load account, it shows up. Then when I load the third launcher, and trying launching, I enter info, I hit play, it act's like it loaded, but it's no where to be found. I only have two instances in Task Manager. So it's not letting me load three instances. This is all without the isboxer btw. When I do it with boxer, it does the samething for the third account.

you are launching a character set correct.... you are not not just trying to launch ffxiv at the top of the innerspace icon. FFXIV will not let you run more then 2 ffxiv.

for example you do not want to click on ffxiv at the top you want to click on character set and launch a character set. clicking on the ffxiv at hte top would be bypassing all of isboxer its like launching the game normal.
Multiboxing: (Mul-ti-box-ing)1.physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it without incurring adverse effects.

Return to Final Fantasy XIV