FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

first Ifrit fight - help!

Moderator: MiRai

<<

hamiltonia

Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:17 am

first Ifrit fight - help!

I tried the first Ifrit fight (Lord of the Inferno quest) and I'm really having a hard time with it - tried it maybe 10-15 times without much success. Looking for some strategy tips.

I have a Guardian (21), Arcanist (2) and 2x Thaumaturge (21). The Arcanist and Thaumaturge are also lvl 15 Conjurers, so they all have a heal. I've tried the dedicated healer route (Arcanist only heals), as well as round-robin style healing (with the Arcanist also doing DPS and the Thaums added to a healer ATG), as well as having a big heal where all three will target a character and heal.

Ultimately movement is where I get stuck. Getting past the first half of the fight is hard enough, and if I'm able to get the nail down in time, then I pretty much get chewed up trying to avoid the AOE that comes next. I can't keep them out of the fire effectively - and all the running around drops my DPS to almost nothing.

Any strategy tips for this fight? What are you doing to move people around? How do you keep the DPS up in the second half of the fight?

Also - what happens if I leave the cave? Can I get back (I would assume yes, but have been afraid to try). Was thinking of leveling up some more before trying again.
<<

Biggcarl

Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:57 pm

Re: first Ifrit fight - help!

basically i tank hte boss far away from hte group as i can then i spread them out so that the aoe only hits 1 of them at a time. Then i heal that 1 person then back to the boss. The hard part is actually having enough dps to take down the Nail. 2nd phase when the ground aoe starts. I just leave my group as far back as they can so they only get hit by 1 of the aoes(aoe goes OUT then IN) i just heal them through the first hit of the aoe. A conj is nice with their aoe party heal. Ive done this fight with GLD THM THM ConJ and MRD ARN ARN ARN.
Multiboxing: (Mul-ti-box-ing)1.physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it without incurring adverse effects.
<<

hamiltonia

Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:12 pm

Re: first Ifrit fight - help!

Okay so basically spread them out to limit damage and try to heal through it all. Sounds like a plan, I'll give it a shot ;)

Thanks!

Return to Final Fantasy XIV