FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

CM!

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Biggcarl

Post Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:06 pm

CM!

So I completed CM yesterday for the first time multiboxing it! It is pretty easy and a great way to farm its basically 16 cokes every 3 runs. I am gonna do it again today and try and get a video for everyone!
Multiboxing: (Mul-ti-box-ing)1.physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it without incurring adverse effects.
<<

Nibilus

Post Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:03 pm

Re: CM!

You running 8 accounts, or running it with friends?
<<

Biggcarl

Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:53 pm

Nibilus wrote:You running 8 accounts, or running it with friends?

8 boxing it
Multiboxing: (Mul-ti-box-ing)1.physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it without incurring adverse effects.
<<

djein

Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:00 pm

I'd like to see the video. Any shortcomings to 8 boxing so far? Like dungeon time limits, ground damage and not being able to move out of it fast enough and such...
<<

Biggcarl

Post Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:26 pm

djein wrote:I'd like to see the video. Any shortcomings to 8 boxing so far? Like dungeon time limits, ground damage and not being able to move out of it fast enough and such...

the only short commings was dungeon quests. id have to do them twice because you can only 4 man those. But i fate grinded to the group to 50 fairly fast then went back and caught the story up. As for moving them i set up a strafe key so im able to strafe the whole party out of aoe. I also have a scatter hotkey that makes them all spread out. CM is pretty straight forward easy and alot of hte mobs can be killed using the cannons. I've made the time limit each time now. The only bad thing is im pretty much at hte max with my computer running 8 its hard to get the video recorded. I think im gonna just try boss fights and record it from my second computer. So it wont be from the tanks point of view. and not a hog on my main computer.
<<

djein

Post Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:37 pm

I'd like to see how you deal with multiple mechanics and getting outa ground crap. Its my biggest pitfall with doing endgame stuff with my 4box. What are the details for your scatter button? I have strafe keys but not a scatter
<<

Biggcarl

Post Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:38 am

djein wrote:I'd like to see how you deal with multiple mechanics and getting outa ground crap. Its my biggest pitfall with doing endgame stuff with my 4box. What are the details for your scatter button? I have strafe keys but not a scatter

there is a menu already for it default. You have line flying v i set up a hot key for those. One thing that helps alot is that i have keyboard macro set up so that its a toggle. I press the button once and it spams 1 1 1 1 1. which for my virtulaized combat 1 is the dps rotation for each class. So i park the MT on the boss hit 1 let him get some threat then i hit assist. at that point every one is doing their rotation i switch over to the off tank and pick up adds with him i can press 2 which then does their aoe rotation and the keyboard macro just spams 2222222. this way i can focus on healing and moving the party instead of spaming 11111 or 22222 and trying to move. i also have click bars set up so that the healers can heal each person in the party. CM is easier then most 4 man dungeons.
<<

djein

Post Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:17 pm

broadcasting multiple keypresses over and over causes an insane amount of lag for me how did you overcome this with 11111/2222 spam? if i spam anything and try to move its...really bad.

ps. check your private messages
<<

Lyonheart

Post Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:19 am

I see people spamming " LFM for CM speed run! all the time, so i m guessing it is the easiest way to farm tomes end game? even for solo players?
<<

Biggcarl

Post Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:09 am

djein wrote:broadcasting multiple keypresses over and over causes an insane amount of lag for me how did you overcome this with 11111/2222 spam? if i spam anything and try to move its...really bad.

ps. check your private messages

i put a .5 second delay in the macro and i only use to have lag when i played all 8 on 1 computer. Now that i have 5 on one computer and 3 on another i see no difference then if i was playing solo.
Next

Return to Final Fantasy XIV