FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

CM!

Moderator: MiRai

<<

gnetcham

Post Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:21 pm

Re: CM!

yo bigcarl cant wait to see your 8 boxing video I myself haven't been playing much of late going to start again lol

Thanks for your videos there very helpfull
<<

Nibilus

Post Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:33 am

Lyonheart wrote:I see people spamming " LFM for CM speed run! all the time, so i m guessing it is the easiest way to farm tomes end game? even for solo players?

This was true pre-hotfix. CM is still a mindless story dungeon that doesnt require a lot of thought as a single player. (multiboxing of course is different) However, multiboxing this would be the best to farm Philos for sure.

WP and AK are technically the best way to farm Philos and Mythos for a Light Party. WP has no dps check, basically only require you did your level 45 and 50 AF Gear quests. AK on the other hand has a small dps check with the second boss (which really isn't all that high), you probably want at least a few pieces of DL gear + Ifirit weapon to do it. Some people say you need a lot of DL to do AK, but they don't know anything.
<<

Biggcarl

Post Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:58 am

Nibilus wrote:
Lyonheart wrote:I see people spamming " LFM for CM speed run! all the time, so i m guessing it is the easiest way to farm tomes end game? even for solo players?

This was true pre-hotfix. CM is still a mindless story dungeon that doesnt require a lot of thought as a single player. (multiboxing of course is different) However, multiboxing this would be the best to farm Philos for sure.

WP and AK are technically the best way to farm Philos and Mythos for a Light Party. WP has no dps check, basically only require you did your level 45 and 50 AF Gear quests. AK on the other hand has a small dps check with the second boss (which really isn't all that high), you probably want at least a few pieces of DL gear + Ifirit weapon to do it. Some people say you need a lot of DL to do AK, but they don't know anything.

you do not need any DL gear or Ifrit weapon to do AK. AK drops ilvl 60 gear..... DL is ilvl 70 why would you need higher teir gear to do an instance that drops lower level gear??? People want people in full DL and ifrit+ weapons so they can SPEED run AK. But ya im looking to get the most tomes/hour. and CM will be that because i can do all 8 people in the instance. then doing 4 in WP or AK.
Multiboxing: (Mul-ti-box-ing)1.physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it without incurring adverse effects.
<<

Nibilus

Post Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:36 am

Because it makes it safer, yes you could go in there in AF1 + Darklight weapon. Your only gimping yourself, you might as well run WP because it is the first level 50 dungeon that requires no skill or has no DPS check. AK's DPS check really isn't a DPS check for most above average players, which also when i say ifrit weapon and a few peices of dl gear, i really mean like 1 or 2 peices to give your more VIT to take the damage, and there is no reason you wouldn't have ifrits weapon before doing AK. You also ask why you would need DL gear to do AK which lower item level, but you failed to realize how jacked up SE is in their gear flow, as they also want you to have some coil/i90 gear to do Crystal Towers, which drops i80 gear. Its not my logic, its just the way they are doing things.

Also yes you are a special case, as you play 8 toons at once so CM is the best choice for you. But then again you also short yourself because you will need still need Mythos which does not drop in CM, but then again it hasn't been confirmed or denied if CT will drop Mythos yet, which is a DF-able 24 man, if it does drop Mythos then that would be a good source to get those for your 8 man team at once, that if it does drop mythos..
<<

Biggcarl

Post Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:51 pm

Nibilus wrote:Because it makes it safer, yes you could go in there in AF1 + Darklight weapon. Your only gimping yourself, you might as well run WP because it is the first level 50 dungeon that requires no skill or has no DPS check. AK's DPS check really isn't a DPS check for most above average players, which also when i say ifrit weapon and a few peices of dl gear, i really mean like 1 or 2 peices to give your more VIT to take the damage, and there is no reason you wouldn't have ifrits weapon before doing AK. You also ask why you would need DL gear to do AK which lower item level, but you failed to realize how jacked up SE is in their gear flow, as they also want you to have some coil/i90 gear to do Crystal Towers, which drops i80 gear. Its not my logic, its just the way they are doing things.

Also yes you are a special case, as you play 8 toons at once so CM is the best choice for you. But then again you also short yourself because you will need still need Mythos which does not drop in CM, but then again it hasn't been confirmed or denied if CT will drop Mythos yet, which is a DF-able 24 man, if it does drop Mythos then that would be a good source to get those for your 8 man team at once, that if it does drop mythos..

they dont want you to have any coil gear to do crystal tower. SE didnt think that people would be doing so well in coil like they are crystal tower the 24 man raid is suppose to be that gear up so that you can do coil easier.

and AK WP all those lvl 50 dungeons are done just fine in the crafted ilvl 55 gear.
Multiboxing: (Mul-ti-box-ing)1.physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it without incurring adverse effects.
Previous

Return to Final Fantasy XIV