FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Whats the verdict!?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Lyonheart

Post Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:38 pm

Whats the verdict!?

Have not seen any new posts here or db.com in awhile! I am still loving this game and just started TWO boxing it yesterday. I was running two accounts from the start but was enjoying the game solo. I would switch between accounts from time to time..until yesterday! I was trying to progress my 2nd accounts main story and could not get the dang duty finder to pop. So after a long wait and one failed attempt in the dungon ( tank DCd and healer had to leave ) I decided to just tank the damn thing myself.. with my arcanist in tow. WOW! that was fun! and it gave me the itch to do the 4 accounts!

So i came here looking for updates on how teams are doing. No new posts since last Sunday 8( .. Anyone still boxing it? get to end game and give up? I'm not sure which way to go.. i can tell that tank-healer+two arcanists will do great, but might do one arc and one BM for AoE and sleep. Also, the bards sounded tempting as well. just looking for ideas..advice from anyone who has been there done that type of thing. ( newer info than what is available currently )
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:57 pm

Re: Whats the verdict!?

Yes, people are boxing it and enjoying themselves. I know from talking to them in IRC. I think the initial kinks have all been worked out and people are busy levelling their teams.
<<

propagandalf

Post Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:40 pm

Yep, I'm really enjoying the game, when I can find find the time. I tried a mixed team (Gladiator, Conjurer, and two THM's), but am having a hard time with some of the boss fight mechanics in the dungeons. I think I might be the worst boxer ever. :D I've switch to a 4X Arcanists team to see if that helps.
<<

Biggcarl

Post Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:27 pm

I'm Running a mixed team Paladin 2 black mages and white mage. have done all the dungeons up to lvl 40.
Multiboxing: (Mul-ti-box-ing)1.physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it without incurring adverse effects.
<<

Lyonheart

Post Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:25 pm

Thats good to hear! Ill probably start two more toons soon. I was thinking about archer/bards due to them being able to dps while moving.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:30 pm

One of the things I like about FF is that you can multiclass into anything with a little bit of time - no need to be locked into particular classes.
<<

djein

Post Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:19 am

I'm enjoying myself so much I don't have much time to post.

Level 50 Blacksmith, Culinarian, Goldsmith, Carpenter, Alchemist, Weaver, Leatherworker, Armorer
4 Level 50 Bards
4 Level 50 Botanists
34 pld/blm/blm/whm
And most subclasses leveled to 34

Also running most of Gilgameshs auction house. 160 AH slots is awesomeeeeee. And i didn't get banned for that 10m+ gil limit thing the other day. Cuz i have my gold spread across 4 characters ^_^
<<

Lyonheart

Post Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:54 pm

djein wrote:I'm enjoying myself so much I don't have much time to post.

Level 50 Blacksmith, Culinarian, Goldsmith, Carpenter, Alchemist, Weaver, Leatherworker, Armorer
4 Level 50 Bards
4 Level 50 Botanists
34 pld/blm/blm/whm
And most subclasses leveled to 34

Also running most of Gilgameshs auction house. 160 AH slots is awesomeeeeee. And i didn't get banned for that 10m+ gil limit thing the other day. Cuz i have my gold spread across 4 characters ^_^

HOLY SHIZNIT!! got an tips on speedy tradecraft leveling? that shit takes forever! im only 25 Armourer and Mining atm.

What team do you like best so far for dungons?
<<

Biggcarl

Post Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:57 pm

If i was you just starting out i would do warrior and 3 arcanists. This would give you 4 character all in the same starting city and would give you a tank heals and 2 dps. and 3 pets!
Multiboxing: (Mul-ti-box-ing)1.physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it without incurring adverse effects.
<<

Lyonheart

Post Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:59 am

Biggcarl wrote:If i was you just starting out i would do warrior and 3 arcanists. This would give you 4 character all in the same starting city and would give you a tank heals and 2 dps. and 3 pets!

I had been playing a warrior from day one, hes only 45 now..i also opened two accounts from the start but just was enjoying running solo, so my second account is only 24 ( arcanist ) my main account is lvl 15 in every class though ( 45 maud/war ) also leveling trade/field crafting on him.

But as you advised, i started two more arcs for now. Ill prob level them as a duo until I can get upgraded enough to run 4 on my main rig.
Next

Return to Final Fantasy XIV