propagandalf

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:38 pm

Re: My assisting macro/keybinds

Ah, that's what it is, they all have modifiers (Alt +, Ctrl +, etc.). Thanks
<<

Biggcarl

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:12 pm

propagandalf wrote:Ah, that's what it is, they all have modifiers (Alt +, Ctrl +, etc.). Thanks

ya if you use the pro system you dont have to set up any ingame macros so you can just set the bar as if you where gonna be soloing. Then you dont have to make a bunch of hotkeys with modifiers. unless you want to ofc.
Multiboxing: (Mul-ti-box-ing)1.physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it without incurring adverse effects.
<<

Meshuggenah

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:00 pm

Everyone probably already knew this, but I've just realized you can target without using party hotkeys (F1-F5).

/ta "Case Sensitive PC Name"
/as "Case Sensitive PC Name"

I'm in the process of reconfiguring my group to make use of this. Not having to Target Party1 > Assist really cuts down on the interface lag and mis-targeting.
<<

Biggcarl

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:02 pm

Meshuggenah wrote:Everyone probably already knew this, but I've just realized you can target without using party hotkeys (F1-F5).

/ta "Case Sensitive PC Name"
/as "Case Sensitive PC Name"

I'm in the process of reconfiguring my group to make use of this. Not having to Target Party1 > Assist really cuts down on the interface lag and mis-targeting.

only problem with that is when the tank wants to pick up adds that might spawn on a boss fight they start attacking it instantly instead of when you want them to aka after the tank has agro. And with press/release i dont have any miss targeting.
Multiboxing: (Mul-ti-box-ing)1.physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it without incurring adverse effects.
<<

Meshuggenah

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:14 pm

Biggcarl wrote:only problem with that is when the tank wants to pick up adds that might spawn on a boss fight they start attacking it instantly instead of when you want them to aka after the tank has agro. And with press/release i dont have any miss targeting.

That's odd. My characters don't acquire targets automatically (unless they have no target and are attacked by something). Did you change something in the in-game settings to automatically acquire targets?
<<

Meshuggenah

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:48 pm

The issue that I had with the two step method is that the game frequently bugs out if I press interact too quickly or if I try to put target lock into a melee macro. This is because it's targeting your current slot first, then attempting to assist - your followers will sometimes attempt to interact with the character they targeted first and then be locked up until you cancel the menu. Using in-game macros that assist directly without having to target one of your characters first makes it flawless every time.

And yeah, I use Action Target groups to create the class/job rotations, too. Easiest way to manage multiple specs, especially if you respec often.
<<

Biggcarl

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:33 pm

Meshuggenah wrote:
Biggcarl wrote:only problem with that is when the tank wants to pick up adds that might spawn on a boss fight they start attacking it instantly instead of when you want them to aka after the tank has agro. And with press/release i dont have any miss targeting.

That's odd. My characters don't acquire targets automatically (unless they have no target and are attacked by something). Did you change something in the in-game settings to automatically acquire targets?

oh i see what you are doing you are still gonna assign a hot key but instead of using f2 you will have a macro for targeting the tank. I thought you where gonna add it in to your dps skills.

the only thing is you will have to setup a bunch of different macros so that you can assist from any screen. so that they target whom ever you are leading with. Currently the way i have it set up if hte lead character dies i can swap screens and they all begin to assist that target.

if thats the case you could just make a macro that is /assist "CHARACTER NAME" and bypass the whole targeting all together.
<<

Meshuggenah

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:16 pm

Kind of. It's the same FTL method I used in Rift, described here -

http://isboxer.com/wiki/RIFT:Basic_Multiboxing_Macros_Walkthrough

You can still lead from any screen. It just doesn't need to target the slot before acting, it assists and follows directly via the in-game macro. The other nice thing about this system is that it always works, no matter which party slot you're in (or even if you're not in a party).
<<

gnetcham

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:08 pm

New workaround for making ingame macros for every class just needs this will work only with ingame targeting macro/skill + isboxer proconfig for rotations

/target "triangle"
/facetarget
/ac "Fire" <t> this is blackmage
/ac "Ruin" <t> this is summoner
/ac "Riot Blade" <t> This is on glad

you can get away with a macro like this because it will try to use all these skills but if your not on the right class or don't have them subed it wont fire off but the active skill
so you can do your who skill set for every class in just a few macros.

you can do /wait timers also but its better to just use isboxer for adding in timing and skill rotations, this is just for getin all the skills you need in 1 shareable hotbar ingame,
I think its rather a slick way to get the job done

toss up anything your playin around with =)
<<

Biggcarl

Post Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:55 am

Meshuggenah wrote:Kind of. It's the same FTL method I used in Rift, described here -

http://isboxer.com/wiki/RIFT:Basic_Multiboxing_Macros_Walkthrough

You can still lead from any screen. It just doesn't need to target the slot before acting, it assists and follows directly via the in-game macro. The other nice thing about this system is that it always works, no matter which party slot you're in (or even if you're not in a party).

yes i use to multibox rift but i havent been able to do modifiers in macros in ffxiv. Other wise i would of done it this way. Same with assist.
PreviousNext

Return to Final Fantasy XIV