FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

My assisting macro/keybinds

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Biggcarl

Post Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:41 am

Re: My assisting macro/keybinds

gnetcham wrote:same thing I wanted to do but still tryin to figure out how to load virtual combat keymap so I can swap on the fly, right now I need to go into isboxer when I change classes to say blackmage keymap to summoner keymap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14KuXwxo ... ekODb6a76g

check out my video its my new menu it also touches on how i switch virtual keymaps on the fly using this menu.
Multiboxing: (Mul-ti-box-ing)1.physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it without incurring adverse effects.
<<

Meshuggenah

Post Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:47 am

Something else I've noticed - the macros in this game behave like scripts. Meaning you can use wait commands and a single keystroke will cycle through every ability on the list. Not only this, but macros interrupt each other, making recasting DoT's & debuffs extremely simple.

Testing with a low level Arcanist, for example -

Macro 1 -
/wait 2.5
/ac "Miasma" <t>
/wait 2.5
/ac "Bio" <t>

Macro 2 -

/ac "Ruin" <t>
/wait 2.5
/ac "Ruin" <t>
/wait 2.5
/ac "Ruin" <t>
/wait 2.5
/ac "Ruin" <t>
/wait 2.5
/ac "Ruin" <t>
/wait 2.5
/ac "Ruin" <t>

You press 2, it spams your filler nuke. Whenever you want to refresh DoT's, tap 1. It stops your Ruin spam and then refreshes all DoT's. The reason I have a /wait command at the start of the DoT macro is so that it waits out the GCD before attempting to begin a new action. This way, if you press your DoT key during a Ruin cast, it won't attempt to cast Miasma while on GCD.

In ISBoxer, I have DoT macro on it's own keymap with a blank second step and 15 second wait time (do not advance for 15 sec). In another keymap, I call the DoT keymap in step 1, with the Ruin macro called in step 2. This way it only fires step 1 every 15 seconds and spams step 2 (Ruin) the rest of the time. I also have my tab key set to reset the keymap to step 1 - for when I switch targets and want to cast DoT's immediately.

You could manage this entirely with ISBoxer and not worry about the in-game macros. The problem I find with this is that ISBoxer doesn't know whether the keys its sending are triggering effectively in-game. Often if you send delayed keystrokes via ISBoxer or a programmable keyboard it will send the keystroke, but because you're already casting or on GCD, the ability won't fire. Using in-game macros instead fixes that issue.

Also, with regards to gnetcham's mark-targeting idea, I prefer using separate hotkeys to mark and target marks rather than building that into my abilities. The reason being, you're not always going to be the leader of your party - particularly when they introduce PvP & 24man content. If you lose the ability to place marks, it will mess with your targeting.

I still haven't found a way to make healing feel comfortable. Tried click bars, mouseover macros & repeater windows, etc. They all feel really sluggish. Going to mess around with using /focustarget next and see if that does it.
<<

Biggcarl

Post Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:39 pm

Meshuggenah wrote:Something else I've noticed - the macros in this game behave like scripts. Meaning you can use wait commands and a single keystroke will cycle through every ability on the list. Not only this, but macros interrupt each other, making recasting DoT's & debuffs extremely simple.

Testing with a low level Arcanist, for example -

Macro 1 -
/wait 2.5
/ac "Miasma" <t>
/wait 2.5
/ac "Bio" <t>

Macro 2 -

/ac "Ruin" <t>
/wait 2.5
/ac "Ruin" <t>
/wait 2.5
/ac "Ruin" <t>
/wait 2.5
/ac "Ruin" <t>
/wait 2.5
/ac "Ruin" <t>
/wait 2.5
/ac "Ruin" <t>

You press 2, it spams your filler nuke. Whenever you want to refresh DoT's, tap 1. It stops your Ruin spam and then refreshes all DoT's. The reason I have a /wait command at the start of the DoT macro is so that it waits out the GCD before attempting to begin a new action. This way, if you press your DoT key during a Ruin cast, it won't attempt to cast Miasma while on GCD.

In ISBoxer, I have DoT macro on it's own keymap with a blank second step and 15 second wait time (do not advance for 15 sec). In another keymap, I call the DoT keymap in step 1, with the Ruin macro called in step 2. This way it only fires step 1 every 15 seconds and spams step 2 (Ruin) the rest of the time. I also have my tab key set to reset the keymap to step 1 - for when I switch targets and want to cast DoT's immediately.

You could manage this entirely with ISBoxer and not worry about the in-game macros. The problem I find with this is that ISBoxer doesn't know whether the keys its sending are triggering effectively in-game. Often if you send delayed keystrokes via ISBoxer or a programmable keyboard it will send the keystroke, but because you're already casting or on GCD, the ability won't fire. Using in-game macros instead fixes that issue.

Also, with regards to gnetcham's mark-targeting idea, I prefer using separate hotkeys to mark and target marks rather than building that into my abilities. The reason being, you're not always going to be the leader of your party - particularly when they introduce PvP & 24man content. If you lose the ability to place marks, it will mess with your targeting.

I still haven't found a way to make healing feel comfortable. Tried click bars, mouseover macros & repeater windows, etc. They all feel really sluggish. Going to mess around with using /focustarget next and see if that does it.

Nice i may start playing around with this. there are 2 ways you can handle healing i think work well. I use click bars that are 2 steps press and release. First step f2 second step the keybind for the heal. i bound this to hotkey as well so i can just press the hotkey on my razer keyboard to activate the tank heal or use the click bar. i did this for all the character slots. Right click is emergency heal and all the characters slot 2-4 target that person and cast a heal on it. Shift left click is enusa and then shift right click is res. Now what i was about to toy around with since you can hide action bars and keybinds will still work. Is make /ac cure "character name" for each character slot. This should prove to be more responsive. But also takes more ingame setup
Multiboxing: (Mul-ti-box-ing)1.physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it without incurring adverse effects.
<<

gnetcham

Post Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:47 pm

you can do a very very simple clickbar system with video fx

macro ingame for your healer
/ac "Cure" <mo>

keymap in isboxer
make a new one say mouseclick right
step1
mousesync > to healer slot
ctrl+shift+num1 or w/e your ingame keybind for the cure macro

now go into clickbars inisboxer make a new one
1. put your character set into it
2. go into buttons make one lets say 1 row 1 col then by width 75xheight 200 that should cover your 4 man party you can make wider or longer as needed
3.click on the new bar you made
4. now you have 2 options you can eather do a mouseover via isboxer with will trigger the macro when you place your mouse over the clickbar or on click , I like on click
5. now make it go target window current
6. find your keymap were you placed your healing keybind in isboxer and do the same for the maped key
7. save and export to innerspace.
8.now load your game window and open the isboxer control panel , and hit show all in the clicbar tab find your clickbar and place it over your party window only on your healer
9. now go ahead and in isboxer control panel click on the video fx tab and type your name of the new source,"Healer clickbar" or something click add.
10. place this new source over your healers party window eather can do full window or just a part, now you should have the clickbar + video source over your healers party window.
11. now you can go into your mains window and open up a video fx viewer click enable repeater pass -thru.
12. now you should be able to move your mouse over the new window and it will track on your healers game . all you need to do for the <mo> to work is highlight the party member in the window and click your mouse and it will fire off.

biggcarl did a video fx with pulling the game to the front for better res. check out his video for that part.

hope this helps a bit

and as for combat macros ingame with /wait I find its a lot more easy to just do the wait commands via isboxer when doing the keymaps, sence you might not want to fire off a 5 cast spell rotation and have to wait for the script to end ingame, and also if you hit a macro ingame and then hit another it will stop that macro from finshing btw
<<

Meshuggenah

Post Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:59 am

I tried the click bar system. I find it awkward to use. At the moment I'm working on a system that uses /targetfocus with a healer rotation built into my DPS spam key. That way I can just move characters in & out of the ATG & it will automatically heal whoever it has on focus while it's in the healer ATG. Only requires one click to swap focus & one hotkey to swap groups, so it reduces my APM, too.

That's the point of using macros. Your debuff macro will automatically interrupt your filler nuke macro & cycle through all your DoT's and debuffs on the target. There's no way to do this via an ISBoxer keymap without running into GCD problems.
<<

Biggcarl

Post Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:12 am

Meshuggenah wrote:I tried the click bar system. I find it awkward to use. At the moment I'm working on a system that uses /targetfocus with a healer rotation built into my DPS spam key. That way I can just move characters in & out of the ATG & it will automatically heal whoever it has on focus while it's in the healer ATG. Only requires one click to swap focus & one hotkey to swap groups, so it reduces my APM, too.

That's the point of using macros. Your debuff macro will automatically interrupt your filler nuke macro & cycle through all your DoT's and debuffs on the target. There's no way to do this via an ISBoxer keymap without running into GCD problems.

using the click bar only requires 1 click as well to if you set it to press or release. It does 1 step on press 2nd step on release. The problem i found with the healer "spam" healing attached to my dps rotation was they run out of MP very fast that way. i have a very easy hotkey setup for healing the tank then if a party memeber needs a heal i just click their name one time with the mouse. if the whole party needs a heal i just hit the hotkey for medica
<<

Meshuggenah

Post Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:34 am

It doesn't really spam, it's just part of on the DPS / Tank spam keymap I use. It only actually casts heals when you switch the character into the healer ATG. It's just a matter of preference, I guess. I prefer to do as much as possible with as few clicks/key presses as possible. One click to set focus and switch ATG's is simpler than having to click or press a button every time I want to cast a heal.

Maybe a combination of the two might be a good idea. I like having the click bars available, I just don't like how unresponsive they can be with input lag and longer GCD.
<<

Biggcarl

Post Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:08 pm

Meshuggenah wrote:It doesn't really spam, it's just part of on the DPS / Tank spam keymap I use. It only actually casts heals when you switch the character into the healer ATG. It's just a matter of preference, I guess. I prefer to do as much as possible with as few clicks/key presses as possible. One click to set focus and switch ATG's is simpler than having to click or press a button every time I want to cast a heal.

Maybe a combination of the two might be a good idea. I like having the click bars available, I just don't like how unresponsive they can be with input lag and longer GCD.

see i havent seen any unresponsiveness when playing or imput lag now that i have gotten my fps over 30 on all the characters. I'm at 30 to 35 fps in fates and 40 in dungeons and 60 on my main screen now.
<<

Meshuggenah

Post Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:52 pm

Odd. I'm stable at 60/30 FPS and I still get random bouts of input lag regardless what I'm doing.

The unresponsiveness I was talking about is mostly due to the slower GCD. Switching between DPS and healing inherently takes longer because of the way the game works. I guess it's just a matter of getting used to it.
<<

gnetcham

Post Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:55 pm

I found that a lot of of the random fps loose is due to your followers looking into the distance, try making there "reset view hotkey" ingame to look at the ground mostly but just so high that they can see the targets, by doing this I went from
30-40 fps running around on my main with 3 followers to 50-60 fps , its a easy fix 2 step macro just add the reset camara ingame hotkey to your "followme" keymap.

and also iam doing bigcrals idea of letting my g510 keyboard spam the dps rotation hotkey that really does free up my attention to healing and movment
PreviousNext

Return to Final Fantasy XIV