My assisting macro/keybinds

Moderator: MiRai

<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:10 am

Re: My assisting macro/keybinds

Biggcarl wrote:
Meshuggenah wrote:Kind of. It's the same FTL method I used in Rift, described here -

http://isboxer.com/wiki/RIFT:Basic_Multiboxing_Macros_Walkthrough

You can still lead from any screen. It just doesn't need to target the slot before acting, it assists and follows directly via the in-game macro. The other nice thing about this system is that it always works, no matter which party slot you're in (or even if you're not in a party).

yes i use to multibox rift but i havent been able to do modifiers in macros in ffxiv. Other wise i would of done it this way. Same with assist.

The original method from the Wiki link doesn't use modifiers in the macros themselves. FTL in FFXIV is very possible through macros, but requires a good amount of work to set up -- Especially if not familiar with the way it needs to be done.
<<

Biggcarl

Post Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:27 am

MiRai wrote:
Biggcarl wrote:
Meshuggenah wrote:Kind of. It's the same FTL method I used in Rift, described here -

http://isboxer.com/wiki/RIFT:Basic_Multiboxing_Macros_Walkthrough

You can still lead from any screen. It just doesn't need to target the slot before acting, it assists and follows directly via the in-game macro. The other nice thing about this system is that it always works, no matter which party slot you're in (or even if you're not in a party).

yes i use to multibox rift but i havent been able to do modifiers in macros in ffxiv. Other wise i would of done it this way. Same with assist.

The original method from the Wiki link doesn't use modifiers in the macros themselves. FTL in FFXIV is very possible through macros, but requires a good amount of work to set up -- Especially if not familiar with the way it needs to be done.

Ah i really would like to use modifiers in FFXIV would be better. This way i wouldnt have to set up a ton of macros in game and have on bars with hotkeys. The fact you cannot scale anything in this game's UI is why i like the current way. More bars means more clutter. I really want addons so we can have bar mods.
Multiboxing: (Mul-ti-box-ing)1.physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it without incurring adverse effects.
<<

gnetcham

Post Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:38 pm

Biggcarl wrote:Ah i really would like to use modifiers in FFXIV would be better. This way i wouldnt have to set up a ton of macros in game and have on bars with hotkeys. The fact you cannot scale anything in this game's UI is why i like the current way. More bars means more clutter. I really want addons so we can have bar mods.

you can scale the UI hud ctrl+home you can swap the size of every item in the hud, and if you go to hotbar setings you can chose what bars will show or what bars will be shared with all profiles when you switch classes,also in character setings there is a option list that you can check/uncheck to show gil/bags/expbar/all that stuff

to scale the hud go into the hud editer and chose a bar and hit ctrl+home a few times and see the sizes
<<

Meshuggenah

Post Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:41 pm

The bars don't have to be visible for the hotkeys on that bar to function.
<<

propagandalf

Post Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:45 pm

gnetcham wrote:New workaround for making ingame macros for every class just needs this will work only with ingame targeting macro/skill + isboxer proconfig for rotations

/target "triangle"
/facetarget
/ac "Fire" <t> this is blackmage
/ac "Ruin" <t> this is summoner
/ac "Riot Blade" <t> This is on glad

you can get away with a macro like this because it will try to use all these skills but if your not on the right class or don't have them subed it wont fire off but the active skill
so you can do your who skill set for every class in just a few macros.

Nice tip, thanks!
<<

gnetcham

Post Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:04 pm

propagandalf wrote:
gnetcham wrote:New workaround for making ingame macros for every class just needs this will work only with ingame targeting macro/skill + isboxer proconfig for rotations

/target "triangle"
/facetarget
/ac "Fire" <t> this is blackmage
/ac "Ruin" <t> this is summoner
/ac "Riot Blade" <t> This is on glad

you can get away with a macro like this because it will try to use all these skills but if your not on the right class or don't have them subed it wont fire off but the active skill
so you can do your who skill set for every class in just a few macros.

Nice tip, thanks!

make sure you turn off error messages in chat filters or you will get a wall of red doing this macro type lol learned the hard way
<<

Biggcarl

Post Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:38 pm

i had no idea that the hud could be scaled thats awesome and i had no idea the bar didnt have to be visable for the hotkeys to work. THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!!!! lol Time to rework my UI layout! I am gonna have to make my pop up menu 6 pages long now to control Teleport, Recall, my invite macro. I had no idea the bars could be hidden. MY UI IS GONNA BE SO SMOOTH NOW!
Multiboxing: (Mul-ti-box-ing)1.physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it without incurring adverse effects.
<<

gnetcham

Post Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:59 am

Biggcarl wrote:i had no idea that the hud could be scaled thats awesome and i had no idea the bar didnt have to be visable for the hotkeys to work. THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!!!! lol Time to rework my UI layout! I am gonna have to make my pop up menu 6 pages long now to control Teleport, Recall, my invite macro. I had no idea the bars could be hidden. MY UI IS GONNA BE SO SMOOTH NOW!

I made macros for those ingame and or set the hotkeys ingame to a 3x6 menu for easy clicking =P
<<

Biggcarl

Post Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:28 pm

gnetcham wrote:
Biggcarl wrote:i had no idea that the hud could be scaled thats awesome and i had no idea the bar didnt have to be visable for the hotkeys to work. THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!!!! lol Time to rework my UI layout! I am gonna have to make my pop up menu 6 pages long now to control Teleport, Recall, my invite macro. I had no idea the bars could be hidden. MY UI IS GONNA BE SO SMOOTH NOW!

I made macros for those ingame and or set the hotkeys ingame to a 3x6 menu for easy clicking =P

oh i have macros and hotkeys im making a Menu for FFXIV that will control how you switch classes whilch character slot to switch to that class, Mounting, teleporting, crafting, buffs, pet summons buffs all kinds of stuff!
<<

gnetcham

Post Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:18 pm

same thing I wanted to do but still tryin to figure out how to load virtual combat keymap so I can swap on the fly, right now I need to go into isboxer when I change classes to say blackmage keymap to summoner keymap
PreviousNext

Return to Final Fantasy XIV