FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

My assisting macro/keybinds

Moderator: MiRai

<<

gnetcham

Post Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:34 pm

My assisting macro/keybinds

First off Iam not telling you to copy me iam just tossin my idea and what ive been using to assist /macro

First off all iam using 1 macro for each spell I want to use

like this for dps assisting
/target "triangle"
/facetarget
/ac "bio II"
--------------------
for marking targets
/enemysign triangle <mo> "set this one to a clickbar and overlay it over your Enemy list ingame , and make it so the keymap will only fire off for the current window then sync them all up ingame
Also make a keybind for marking target with something like shift+rightclick for marking dps targets that aren't already on your list or just add it to a instant cast spell.
/enemysign triangle <t>
/ac aero
--------------------------------------
I set up all the dps spells I want to use on bar 2 and then on bar 1 just put the normal spells for solo use.

I use isboxer pro for virtual combat setup for the dps it works nice just do your wait times and add spells via keymap and every time you fire a spell it will auto target the marked so you don't have the /assist lag everytime you want to dps without waiting.

rotation example will always target marked target on every spell cast so you can swap targets on the fly just by markin new target when spaming dps

step1. wait 2.5
/target "triangle"
/facetarget
/ac "bio II"

step2. wait 2.5
/target "triangle"
/facetarget
/ac "bio"
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: My assisting macro/keybinds

Isn't /facetarget unneeded if you've enabled the setting in the game's options?
<<

gnetcham

Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:11 am

MiRai wrote:Isn't /facetarget unneeded if you've enabled the setting in the game's options?

ive noticed sometimes it doesn't face on some spells, its doesn't hurt to just toss it in =)
<<

propagandalf

Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:08 am

Thanks for posting, I really need to implement a better assist method. I'm using a two step keybind (broadcast to all w/out current), step 1 targets main and step two fires the ingame macro "/assist <character's name>". It sucks having to click twice each time I need my slaves to assist.

Your method looks promising, but do you have to create in-game macros for every combat skill on all your characters?
<<

gnetcham

Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:11 pm

propagandalf wrote:Thanks for posting, I really need to implement a better assist method. I'm using a two step keybind (broadcast to all w/out current), step 1 targets main and step two fires the ingame macro "/assist <character's name>". It sucks having to click twice each time I need my slaves to assist.

Your method looks promising, but do you have to create in-game macros for every combat skill on all your characters?

I make 2 sets for each character

hot bar 1 ingame <is for solo use>
hot bar 2 ingame <is for placing macros in same order as hotbar one >

this way you don't have to worry about firing off macros when your solo doing a duty
<<

Biggcarl

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:16 am

I basically did what your doing but instead of doing it with ingame macros i do it with isboxer. each class has their own Rotation set up. This way i can switch one character from thaumaturge to archer with out having to make macros in game or have a ton of macros in game. so need for a second bar for when i play solo i just turn of keymaps and go at it.
Multiboxing: (Mul-ti-box-ing)1.physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it without incurring adverse effects.
<<

propagandalf

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:19 am

Ya, creating in-game macros for everything seems like too much work, especially when I'm switching classes a lot.

I guess the choices are...

1. Create your macros in game. Advantage here is the in-game macros do the targeting and firing off of skils, allowing you to be able to assist with one click of a button (or key). Disadvantage is having to create a lot of in-game macros.

2. In ISboxer, use keymaps for the targeting and firing of skills, which means a two step keybind. Disadvantage here is it takes two clicks (or keypresses) for targeting and firing (assisting). Advantage is not having to manage and create a ton of in-game macros.

Do I have that right?
<<

Biggcarl

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:36 am

propagandalf wrote:Ya, creating in-game macros for everything seems like too much work, especially when I'm switching classes a lot.

1. Create your macros in game. Advantage here is the in-game macros do the targeting and firing off of skils, allowing you to be able to assist with one click of a button (or key). Disadvantage is having to create a lot of in-game macros.

2. In ISboxer, use keymaps for the targeting and firing of skills, which means a two step keybind. Disadvantage here is it takes two clicks (or keypresses) for targeting and firing (assisting). Advantage is not having to manage and create a ton of in-game macros.

Do I have that right?

actually you can set the two step macros to press/release. This way one step is done on press 2nd step is done on release. so to assist i just press 1 button 1 time. same with follow
Multiboxing: (Mul-ti-box-ing)1.physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it without incurring adverse effects.
<<

propagandalf

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:47 am

Biggcarl wrote:
propagandalf wrote:Ya, creating in-game macros for everything seems like too much work, especially when I'm switching classes a lot.

Do I have that right?

actually you can set the two step macros to press/release. This way one step is done on press 2nd step is done on release. so to assist i just press 1 button 1 time. same with follow

I tried that and it didn't work for me. Anytime I change "Hold any Keystroke Actions while Hotkey is held" to off, so that the option to select "Press OR released" is available, the keybinds don't fire in game. They only work when it's set to ON, which means "press OR released" is greyed out.
<<

Biggcarl

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:28 pm

propagandalf wrote:
Biggcarl wrote:

Do I have that right?

I tried that and it didn't work for me. Anytime I change "Hold any Keystroke Actions while Hotkey is held" to off, so that the option to select "Press OR released" is available, the keybinds don't fire in game. They only work when it's set to ON, which means "press OR released" is greyed out.

you only need held if you are doing modifiers or doing movement keys. and you can still set it to press/release first then put held on.
Next

Return to Final Fantasy XIV