FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Titan, impossible with mixed team

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Mojoguy01

Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:46 pm

Titan, impossible with mixed team

Just tried him 16 times in a row, i eventually got him to 40% but then he starts adding more and more onto his encounter by freezing someone in stone while his "Heart" is exposed. His "Heart" is a dps check that, if not destroyed in time, oneshots the whole group.

Multiboxing Paladin - BLM - BLM - WHM means I cannot get past the heart stage due to how much healing is involved in this encounter. WHM eventually goes OOM if I heal like a madman, and they have no form of mana replenishment, and CureII is the most worthless MP inefficient spell ever, yet if you don't use CureII the dps quickly outruns your tank's HP (Paladin).

So, the entire fight you have to keep group's HP up (which i was using physick/cure to heal themselves for MP conservation) all the while the tank is being smashed in his face.

Eventually, around 75% hp, he'll start doing wind-up column attacks. As a multiboxer you HAVE to group everyone into one tight pack that is NOT the tank so you can move everyone regardless of whom he targets. The problem here is lag, and timing. You literally have to be "in the zone" to not get hit by this, again, it is a oneshot that pushes you off the platform you fight on into lava = death.

Next, he starts doing massive "leaps" that hit the whole platform based on how close to the epicenter you are, yet it has a small knockback effect so going too close to the edge == falling off and death ensues.

Finally, in the last bits of your fight, he'll randomly encase someone in stone so they cannot attack/do anything. This is a problem if DPS gets encased as then dps is halved and you cannot break his "Heart", which is open at this point, oneshots everyone.

That same stone-setting part of the encounter, as said above, opens his chest to reveal his "Heart". This is similar to Ifrit's spikey-ground-thing that if not destroyed in roughly 60seconds he'll wipe the encounter with a oneshot explosion. This coupled with needing to heal with the BLM's at the same time that he's setting up stone emplacements, while avoiding his pillar-oneshot-knockback, means you're going to wipe almost every time at 40%.

Here i thought Brayflox was effing hard for multiboxing, this is essentially impossible unless you're using Summoners whom can always stay mobile and heal themselves while your tank pets take the brunt of the damage. I imagine this is only multibox-able with Summoners.

IF anyone can figure out a decent strat please let me know, i've tried everything but it all comes down to luck and dps it seems, and for some reason BLM's aren't doing the dps they should be.

-Mojo
<<

Meshuggenah

Post Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:49 am

Re: Titan, impossible with mixed team

Seems like the problem is more your composition than the fight itself. BLM's do next to no DPS while moving.

I went with PLD, SCH, BRD, BRD. Bard DPS isn't effected at all by movement and Scholar is a better Paladin healer than White Mage - plus they have almost unlimited mana.
<<

Mojoguy01

Post Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Meshuggenah wrote:Seems like the problem is more your composition than the fight itself. BLM's do next to no DPS while moving.

I went with PLD, SCH, BRD, BRD. Bard DPS isn't effected at all by movement and Scholar is a better Paladin healer than White Mage - plus they have almost unlimited mana.

Care to explain? I saw Bards having to stop to shoot.

Also, the problem wasn't the moving that messed up their DPS. It was the fact that they had to keep supplimenting the WHM's healing with Physick subbed from 15 Arcanist to keep the tank up in hp as well as healing themselves to, again, keep the healer's work lower.

I've also noticed that BLM dps is pretty low unless they're constantly switch-spamming fireIII and blizard for mana regen.

I heard Scholar's were piss aweful healers? Did that change? Why are they better Pally healers? Also, with two BRD's you're obviously going to have unlimited MP in that kind of group :P!
<<

Meshuggenah

Post Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:00 pm

Mojoguy01 wrote:Care to explain? I saw Bards having to stop to shoot.

Also, the problem wasn't the moving that messed up their DPS. It was the fact that they had to keep supplimenting the WHM's healing with Physick subbed from 15 Arcanist to keep the tank up in hp as well as healing themselves to, again, keep the healer's work lower.

I've also noticed that BLM dps is pretty low unless they're constantly switch-spamming fireIII and blizard for mana regen.

I heard Scholar's were piss aweful healers? Did that change? Why are they better Pally healers? Also, with two BRD's you're obviously going to have unlimited MP in that kind of group :P!

Well, as far as I know, the BLM rotation is -
1. Thunder II (DoT)
2. Fire III (full stack of Astral Fire)
3. Fire I (filler - use procs on Fire III)
4. Blizzard III around 500 mana.

Almost all of your damage comes from Fire I which is a 2.5 second cast. Any time you get knocked back, stunned, silenced or have to move, you lose a lot of damage. Since you're boxing and moving your entire team every time you need to avoid something or reposition, both of your DPS lose 1-2 casts. It also means it takes you longer to switch damage to the heart and break out the trapped party member.

Bard rotation is -

1. Straight Shot (DD & crit buff)
2. Wind Bite & Venomous Bite (DoT's)
3. Bloodletter (15 sec CD, off GCD)
4. Misery's End (if target below 20% HP, off GCD)
5. Heavy Shot (filler)

Every ability in that list is instant. You can macro Bloodletter & Misery's End on the same key (before Heavy Shot) since they're both off GCD, they will fire whenever available. Bards also have 2 instant, ranged AoE's that have a radius around your current target - so no need to click ground targets or be close to the mob you want to AoE.

I guess most Bards stand still unless they have to move simply because there's no reason to run around if you don't need to.

Scholars are great healers, not sure who said they're bad. White Mage has bigger, slower heals and is better suited to healing Warriors, since they have big health pools and are less prone to being over-healed. Paladins have a smaller health pool, rely on mitigation and benefit more from Scholars smaller, more frequent heals & shields.

Also, I rarely use the Mage's Ballad. The reason Scholars sustain so well is because of Aetherflow / Energy Drain.

PS - Called first Bard team :D Before it becomes the OP group.
<<

Mojoguy01

Post Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:24 pm

Hmmm, scholar sounds like a far far more active healer having to worry about using mana regen/drains etc. However, i suppose if you could get that down pat then you're golden in terms of power. Then, if you still run out of power both BRD's could use Mage's Ballad for a quick burst of MP.

However, I'm curious as to how you have your rotations for your Paladin and your Bards since they use the same hotbar? I've found it fairly difficulty to put rotations on more than the two same-kind characters simply because you can easily overwrite or break a chain of attacks on the Paladin since our MP recovery attack is Swift Strike + Ruin Blade or w/e that attack is. Our taunt chain is even worse requiring 3 attacks in a row.

So I ended up putting my macro chain for taunt on one button that NO ONE uses, and then my BLM's spells on 1.

Also, BLMs don't get Blizzard III until 40 or so.

How are Bards at keeping their TP up? BLM's essentially have unlimited power due to blizzard I, but it is fairly low dps so you have to constantly watch your MP and swap between fire I / blizzard I for dps.

Lastly, I take it in a Paladin / Bard/ Bard/ Scholar setup there's no Limit Breaking going on for DPS, or can a Scholar do that since they're based on Arcanist?
<<

Lyonheart

Post Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:55 pm

Mojoguy01 wrote:Lastly, I take it in a Paladin / Bard/ Bard/ Scholar setup there's no Limit Breaking going on for DPS, or can a Scholar do that since they're based on Arcanist?

Bards are archers and do great single target DPS..
<<

Nibilus

Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:12 am

Meshuggenah wrote: Scholar is a better Paladin healer than White Mage - plus they have almost unlimited mana.

This is very subjective as i play both a White Mage and Scholar, I do like the scholar for small group work (and i love in a lot of situations), but a White Mage can be more effective as our Stoneskin shields for more single-target and our primary heal of Cure heals a paladin better then we do a warrior. Warrior healing is very inefficient because we rely on Freecure firing, not to mention Cure III excels as small radius group healing, in addition with the 48 Talent that gives Shroud mana regen we can sustain near full mana the whole fight.

However in a multiboxing environment a Scholar definitely would be first choice for ease of healing the group multiboxing wise.
<<

Baltyre

Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:23 pm

I just ding level 30 with a 4box : 1 Paladin, 1 Scholar, 2 Thamaturge.
I did Toto rak and it was a LOT easier since my arcanist began Scholar.

But i really wonder abouts my Thamaturge. Should i go Black Mage and use convert give me more DPS burst or should i stay Thamaturge and be able to heal when things went wrong.
<<

Biggcarl

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:23 am

Baltyre wrote:I just ding level 30 with a 4box : 1 Paladin, 1 Scholar, 2 Thamaturge.
I did Toto rak and it was a LOT easier since my arcanist began Scholar.

But i really wonder abouts my Thamaturge. Should i go Black Mage and use convert give me more DPS burst or should i stay Thamaturge and be able to heal when things went wrong.

you can heal as black mage.... just get arcanist physic. in toto rak it was simple i actually spread my team apart so that only 1 person would get hit by bomb then i would just use the click bar healing i have set up to dispell that person. i have also click bar set up to emergency heal anyone in the party. makes every one target that person and heal him.
Multiboxing: (Mul-ti-box-ing)1.physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it without incurring adverse effects.
<<

Meshuggenah

Post Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:48 am

Mojoguy01 wrote:scholar sounds like a far far more active healer having to worry about using mana regen/drains etc.

However, I'm curious as to how you have your rotations for your Paladin and your Bards since they use the same hotbar?

How are Bards at keeping their TP up?

Lastly, I take it in a Paladin / Bard/ Bard/ Scholar setup there's no Limit Breaking going on for DPS, or can a Scholar do that since they're based on Arcanist?

You still have to manage Aetherflow / Energy drain, but it's just one instant spell every 20 seconds or so. Not difficult. The healing pet really helps take the edge off when you're single healing.

I use action target groups. For example, I have a Tank CD group, a Tank LowMana group, Bard ST or Bard AoE etc. Each ATG sends different keystrokes and I just press a hotkey to switch my characters between ATG's when I need to pop CD's or whatever. I pretty much run my group by toggling on/off a programmable key on my G19s. That way I can focus on positioning & heals.

I haven't noticed a problem with Bard TP. Their off GCD abilities have no cost and their filler is fairly cheap - 60TP or so. If I run low, I can always use the TP chant. I haven't found it's necessary so far, though.

And yeah, not having a DPS limit break is a down side. They don't have the BLM's OP AoE sleep, either. If I find there's a fight where I really need a DPS limit break, I can switch for it. The only fight I've seen where BLM limit break is really needed is HM Ifrit, for the spikes.

Return to Final Fantasy XIV