FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How to macro Summoner Pets?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Mojoguy01

Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:07 pm

How to macro Summoner Pets?

Common issue amongst pet users, especially Arcanists, is that /ac "Sic" <t> does NOT work any longer. So how do we tell our pets to attack targets now without aggroing the mob first? It's essentially for mid-fight aggro reassignment to deal with adds.

Cheers
<<

gnetcham

Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:29 pm

Re: How to macro Summoner Pets?

Mojoguy01 wrote:Common issue amongst pet users, especially Arcanists, is that /ac "Sic" <t> does NOT work any longer. So how do we tell our pets to attack targets now without aggroing the mob first? It's essentially for mid-fight aggro reassignment to deal with adds.

Cheers

I use 2 step macros

1. keymaps>assistme
2. hotkey ingame for sic + round robin so I can get all 4 summons on different targets if needed

pet heals
1.f9<ingame hotkey for target your own pet
2.cure/phy

I have the sustain in the combat rotation so don't have to worry about that to much just burst damage fixed with cure/phy

also nice to make a hotkey for "Heel" for your pets to get them off a target
and for the assist keymap make another and sub out sic for Obey so they don't use aoe skills and such
<<

Mojoguy01

Post Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:26 am

gnetcham wrote:
Mojoguy01 wrote:Common issue amongst pet users, especially Arcanists, is that /ac "Sic" <t> does NOT work any longer. So how do we tell our pets to attack targets now without aggroing the mob first? It's essentially for mid-fight aggro reassignment to deal with adds.

Cheers

I use 2 step macros

1. keymaps>assistme
2. hotkey ingame for sic + round robin so I can get all 4 summons on different targets if needed

pet heals
1.f9<ingame hotkey for target your own pet
2.cure/phy

I have the sustain in the combat rotation so don't have to worry about that to much just burst damage fixed with cure/phy

also nice to make a hotkey for "Heel" for your pets to get them off a target
and for the assist keymap make another and sub out sic for Obey so they don't use aoe skills and such

You didn't read my OP at all friend, please re-read. You CANNOT macro Sic or Heel currently, or at least you cannot with known methods from beta. I was asking what they were now.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:58 pm

Mojoguy01 wrote:You didn't read my OP at all friend, please re-read. You CANNOT macro Sic or Heel currently, or at least you cannot with known methods from beta. I was asking what they were now.

It's well-known that the pet macro stuff is not working at the moment and I'd assume that SE is going to bring it back, but gnetcham just told you how he does it through Mapped Keys and in-game key bindings.
<<

gnetcham

Post Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:19 pm

mine is just a workaround sorry if it wasn't the right info
<<

Mojoguy01

Post Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:48 am

Sorry, read it wrong the first time. I see how you do it now, very nice job :]!

Return to Final Fantasy XIV