FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[Guide] Beating Sastasha Boss

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Mojoguy01

Post Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:30 pm

[Guide] Beating Sastasha Boss

So i've had some multiboxers I know having issues with Sastasha. So I figured i'd write this up to give a quick and dirty "How to".

The Setup:
The boss spawns on the right between two "Grates" as you enter the room. There are (four) "Grates" in total in each corner of the square boss room.

You want to put your 3 support toons (if 4boxing, and 4boxing is the only way to solo this dungeon without outsides helping) to the left against the wall between the two grates.

Tank will aggro boss and keep him turned away from the group concentrating primarily on aggro (Gladiators work best here, but i'm told Maurauders can do this too? Don't know, don't play a Mar).

Note: I just sat there spamming "Savage Blade" on my gladiator while my two Thaums ice-nuked him down with their unlimited MP. Slow but works.

During the fight the boss will spawn 2, 3, and finally 4 adds based on his HP (done this dungeon 4 times, seems to be based on 75%, 50%, 25% hp, but it could be timed??).

These adds will pop from each grate around the room (you'll see water splashing where one will pop).

I use Two Thaumaturges for DPS, and they come with "Sleep" which allows me to lock down all the adds. Essentually, I just concentrate on mezzing, or sleeping, the adds before they get to the group while keeping the tank alive and the boss's hate in check. However, on two of my runs I just ran around using savage blade and "Flash", the AOE taunt, on them and then burned them down each with my Thms.

All in all this fight, as a Multiboxer, is ALL about keeping mental track of:
-Tank's HP
-Tank's Hate
-Healer's Hate
-Adds

That's it, the Boss does some weak frontal AOE attack, just dodge it. Just gotta make sure he never can use it against your support toons.

Easy fight overall, just annoying with the adds.

Hope this helps :)!

-Mojo
<<

Mcwrathy

Post Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:08 am

Re: [Guide] Beating Sastasha Boss

I did this on my ACNs and I just took my main dmg spell off of my mains bar, and ran around with my main while my tank pets tanked, and clicked on the corner stuff non-stop with my main while my alts killed the boss. had a couple adds, and just ignored them, healing whoever needed it sporadically.
<<

Mojoguy01

Post Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:21 am

Mcwrathy wrote:I did this on my ACNs and I just took my main dmg spell off of my mains bar, and ran around with my main while my tank pets tanked, and clicked on the corner stuff non-stop with my main while my alts killed the boss. had a couple adds, and just ignored them, healing whoever needed it sporadically.

I had heard a couple people only using all Arcanists, but never found someone whom went past the first dungeon. How are all ACNs? Don't they have mana troubles after a certain period due to all the healing of squishies? Do they have any form of mana regen like Thaums do?
<<

Mcwrathy

Post Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:39 pm

ACN have good single-target DPS, and their pets are amazing, especially the tanking pet, but they lose to any boss with lots of adds.

They have infinite mana at least until lvl 40 or so, since they have a skill with mana regen on it. never ran out of mana, ever as an ACN.

I have done all the dungeons except Hailali or whatever that one is, the last boss is crazy hard.
<<

gnetcham

Post Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:03 pm

just did this as 4 arcanists just burnt down the boss wasn't much of a battle, during the fight macro all pets to grab adds and bring to boss while main is running around closing the "fishtanks" lol worked out fine thought it would of been a lot harder tank pets are op
<<

Meshuggenah

Post Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:24 pm

How do you queue with 4 Arcanists? You queue with tank/healer/2DPS and then swap roles inside the instance?
<<

Mcwrathy

Post Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:51 pm

you just go to duty finder, and queue. you don't need to specify the group roles.
<<

gnetcham

Post Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:04 pm

if your in a server party you don't need to fill the duty finder rolls, you can do a custom mix
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:15 pm

Here was some old footage I had lying around that didn't make it public. I think this was the second time I did Sastasha:

http://youtu.be/oIOGFdn8Q-M

If I ever had to go through Sastasha again, I would definitely try to park my characters at the grates so that I could quickly click on them to stop the adds from showing up.
<<

Mojoguy01

Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:53 pm

How did you do Brayflox around 31-34? That crap was CRAZY hard for my mix-team of Paladin/Blm/Blm/Whm. The damage output of mobs in Brayflox was a huge shock. I literally had to attempt the dungeon 4 times before I got in the zone enough to blow through every encounter.
Next

Return to Final Fantasy XIV