FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

FATE lag!!!!

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Mojoguy01

Post Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:08 am

FATE lag!!!!

When 4boxing in later areas that are currently popular, there are a LOT of people leveling. When i run to do a fate 50+ people show up, and it seems like the difficulty with processing so many people doing damage to stuff, attack animations, etc, completely locks up all the game clients. It seems like connection lag at first, but then you realize your game itself is trying to process all that downstream data coming in from 4 clients at once with 50-80 people fighting around you.

Any ideas how to mitigate this better? I've turned off floating text, and combat effects from anyone outside my group. Doesn't help much.
<<

djein

Post Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:27 am

Re: FATE lag!!!!

I find the worst part of this is when your in a high population fate area and your characters PHASE out. This breaks your follow leaving one or all of your characters behind. SO STUPID. I can handle the 20-30fps targeting at least.
<<

gnetcham

Post Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:14 pm

have you tried to turn off battle effects seen by all your accounts ?
<<

djein

Post Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:00 am

Yeah first thing i did when i logged in ^_^ I even turned off nameplates on the slave accounts and dumbed down the graphics as much as i could.

Also anyone else notice after patch that /follow seems to be working a little better? Its nothing compared to having two different computers on follow (its perfect) but when I 4 box on one computer its...a little off and they tend to get further and further apart.
<<

gnetcham

Post Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:22 pm

I know ive seen the 4 toons get way out of sync on follow but that isn't all that bad lol gives your tank a chance to pull crap =P
<<

Biggcarl

Post Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:50 pm

i upgraded my GPUs to 2 6770s and i love it i split the load between the 2 cards open 2 games on 1 card and 2 games on the other card. 30 fps on all 4 windows in heavy pop fates, city.
Multiboxing: (Mul-ti-box-ing)1.physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it without incurring adverse effects.
<<

Mojoguy01

Post Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:49 pm

Biggcarl wrote:i upgraded my GPUs to 2 6770s and i love it i split the load between the 2 cards open 2 games on 1 card and 2 games on the other card. 30 fps on all 4 windows in heavy pop fates, city.

Are they in crossfire?

I've recently upgraded to two 760 GTX's OC'ed by 15% in SLi, but the lag is pretty bad. I'm assuming if I can figure out how to put 2 clients on one card, and 2 on another, that I can achieve similar greatness?

Cheers

ps: How do i split clients up to specific cards?!
<<

Biggcarl

Post Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:19 pm

Mojoguy01 wrote:
Biggcarl wrote:i upgraded my GPUs to 2 6770s and i love it i split the load between the 2 cards open 2 games on 1 card and 2 games on the other card. 30 fps on all 4 windows in heavy pop fates, city.

Are they in crossfire?

I've recently upgraded to two 760 GTX's OC'ed by 15% in SLi, but the lag is pretty bad. I'm assuming if I can figure out how to put 2 clients on one card, and 2 on another, that I can achieve similar greatness?

Cheers

ps: How do i split clients up to specific cards?!

so sli and crossfire doesnt work in window mode so you are basically not getting any use out of that 2nd card. I have 3 monitors 1 card has 2 monitors the other card has the 3rd. Then i have isboxer do a window layout that puts 2 characters on 1 monitor (the card that has 1 monitor to it) then 1 character on my main screen and 1 character on my third screen. so this now splits the load between my to video cards puts 2 accoutns running off each gpu.
Multiboxing: (Mul-ti-box-ing)1.physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it without incurring adverse effects.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:02 pm

Biggcarl wrote:so sli and crossfire doesnt work in window mode

SLI definitely works in Windowed mode. It's one of the main reasons that I haven't switched to AMD cards.
<<

Biggcarl

Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:59 am

MiRai wrote:
Biggcarl wrote:so sli and crossfire doesnt work in window mode

SLI definitely works in Windowed mode. It's one of the main reasons that I haven't switched to AMD cards.

ah ya sorry Crossfire doesnt work. My next set of cards is most likely gonna be Nvida unless amd switches to having crossfire work in window mode.

Return to Final Fantasy XIV