FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Boxing legality?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Meshuggenah

Post Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:46 am

Boxing legality?

Oi.

Any official feedback yet as to the legality of boxing FF14? Seems like a fun game but I usually prefer an official response from the company before I fork out the cash.

Tried Google-ing but wasn't able to find anything official, just the usual chorus of "We hate multiboxers" from the Plebs.
<<

propagandalf

Post Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:51 am

Re: Boxing legality?

Yes, the completely approve of multiboxing.

http://support.jp.square-enix.com/faqar ... =5382&la=1
<<

Meshuggenah

Post Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:27 am

Sweet. Looks like it's worth a try.
<<

gnetcham

Post Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:22 pm

just don't do anything that draws unwanted views of the public lol, some times I get lookers but they don't follow for long
<<

Meshuggenah

Post Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:44 am

In just after Vanilla went live I had half a dozen people follow me in circles around the Barrens for nearly an hour. Finally someone said, "WTF ARE YOU DOING?" and I responded, "I've just been running around in circles seeing how long you people would follow me for".

It's amazing how fast people got bored and had nothing to do in that game.
<<

gnetcham

Post Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:05 am

Meshuggenah wrote:In just after Vanilla went live I had half a dozen people follow me in circles around the Barrens for nearly an hour. Finally someone said, "WTF ARE YOU DOING?" and I responded, "I've just been running around in circles seeing how long you people would follow me for".

It's amazing how fast people got bored and had nothing to do in that game.

Rofl
<<

Prepared

Post Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:53 am

propagandalf wrote:Yes, the completely approve of multiboxing.

This description from Square-Enix Support doesn't indicate whether they approve or dis-approve of one key press going to all clients at the same time by a player. The link simply states how to start and play several characters at the same time.

I've been searching every where for an official answer from Square-Enix on this. I've opened a support ticket to ask them. The reason I've done this is because I've had to reset my password four times now since I started multiboxing the game with many accounts. All of my account passwords are secure so the last two times I've played, I've logged in and played each account separately without sending a key press nor mouse click to all clients at the same time and I didn't receive the password reset email. I believe someone monitors the reports, checks out what's happening and if they see the characters acting at the same time, a password reset is given to all of the accounts. Square-Enix probably wants to keep customers so they don't give out warnings or maybe not just yet as they may not be fully decided on this matter.

Has anyone else multiboxed the release of FFXIV on a regular basis and not received password reset emails? I've been playing FFXIV on separate computers and when one gets a password reset email, all of them get it which leads me to believe that their GM team has done the reset based on what they have observed in game.
<<

Lyonheart

Post Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:27 am

Prepared wrote:

This description from Square-Enix Support doesn't indicate whether they approve or dis-approve of one key press going to all clients at the same time by a player. The link simply states how to start and play several characters at the same time.

I've been searching every where for an official answer from Square-Enix on this. I've opened a support ticket to ask them. The reason I've done this is because I've had to reset my password four times now since I started multiboxing the game with many accounts. All of my account passwords are secure so the last two times I've played, I've logged in and played each account separately without sending a key press nor mouse click to all clients at the same time and I didn't receive the password reset email. I believe someone monitors the reports, checks out what's happening and if they see the characters acting at the same time, a password reset is given to all of the accounts. Square-Enix probably wants to keep customers so they don't give out warnings or maybe not just yet as they may not be fully decided on this matter.

Has anyone else multiboxed the release of FFXIV on a regular basis and not received password reset emails? I've been playing FFXIV on separate computers and when one gets a password reset email, all of them get it which leads me to believe that their GM team has done the reset based on what they have observed in game.

If you are doing a large amount, like you did in WoW. It might just be an attention grabbing thing. With many accounts all linked in game probably just makes you stand out more. And like you said, they just do the PW reset for your safety. Running an abnormal amount of accounts will look suspicious in a game like this.

I'm interested in seeing how this goes though, because running 8 accounts in this game has sparked my interest. Even if for nothing more than fate grinding for cash later down the road. But hopefully some of the hard modes will be boxable. I will be buying a new PC later this year.. ( dont think the one i have will do 8 very well )
<<

Prepared

Post Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:39 am

Lyonheart wrote:
Prepared wrote:

If you are doing a large amount, like you did in WoW. It might just be an attention grabbing thing. With many accounts all linked in game probably just makes you stand out more. And like you said, they just do the PW reset for your safety. Running an abnormal amount of accounts will look suspicious in a game like this.

I'm interested in seeing how this goes though, because running 8 accounts in this game has sparked my interest. Even if for nothing more than fate grinding for cash later down the road. But hopefully some of the hard modes will be boxable. I will be buying a new PC later this year.. ( dont think the one i have will do 8 very well )

I am doing 8 accounts and all of them are on separate PCs for full screen mouse clicks for quests. By using full screen for mouse clicks at the same resolution, all quests go much faster. The last time I played for about an hour or so, I didn't get the password reset while using key and mouse broadcasting. I'm still waiting for their response to my question on multiboxing. The actual text in my ticket to them is as follows:

In other MMORPGs such as World of Warcraft, playing more than one account is allowed. This opens up game play to more play styles which the design of the MMORPG allows because the game is in a 3D world where characters move around. I would like to do the same thing with Final Fantasy where I control all of the characters through key press and mouse clicks. Each characters action is the result of a key press or mouse click which I initiate. I did not see anything in the rules for FFXIV which were for or against playing more than one account at the same time. However, there is a report cheating option in the Support Desk which shows "If you believe someone is using a program which gives him/her an unfair advantage". Playing more than one account is similar to a group of players together and gives no advantage against the same number of players that is being multiboxed. If the comparison to multiboxing is made against a single player, then the same statement should be made against a group of players to a single player. This is an area which a lot of people that play MMOs don't understand which is why I'm asking what is Square-Enix's stance on multiboxing (that is playing more than one account at the same time). This is a subscription based game so I would think Square-Enix would want to have the most subscribers as possible. Please let me know if playing more than one account at the same time while having all of the characters under the control of a single player is allowed.
<<

Prepared

Post Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:23 am

Here is the response I received from SquareEnix:

Thank you for your inquiry into in-game mechanics and information. Unfortunately, this type of information is not able to be provided by the Final Fantasy XIV Support Team, since we cannot provide guides and information about in-game mechanics. However, we welcome you to use our forums to make these inquiries, where other customers may be able to help you find out the answers, or you can begin the process of requesting changes to the game. Our forums are located at http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forum.php. We hope you're able to collaborate with other customers to come up with answers or bring about changes and improvements to the game to make it more enjoyable!
Final Fantasy XIV Support Team
Next

Return to Final Fantasy XIV