FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Account creation & dubious account mechanics.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Meshuggenah

Post Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:52 am

Account creation & dubious account mechanics.

So, apparently Square Enix uses a similar "parent account" system to WoW. However, according to information from http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/08/10/heres-how-final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborns-free-30-days-for-pc-and-ps3-and-welcome-back-campaign-will-stack/ it's unclear as to whether you will receive your free month of game time for each service account if you register multiple PC codes on the same parent account.

Basically, you will get 30 days of game time with your copy of the game only if you register a new platform that you don’t already have, meaning that if you played the original Final Fantasy XIV, purchasing the new PC version won’t do you any good, because you cannot register it, since you already have an active PC service account. On the other hand, if you purchase the PS3 version and add it to your old PC service account, not only you’ll get your free 30 days, but you’ll also get the “Welcome Back” bonus, meaning that your new 30 days won’t be counted down until September the 10th.

If you’re a completely new player and you purchase both the PC and the PS3 versions and register them both to the same service account, you won’t just get 30 days, but the two versions will stack up to 60 days.

Also, according to the Square Enix FAQ at http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:yFKJGNy50gUJ:support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php%3Fkid%3D56910%26id%3D902+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au&client=firefox-a, they apply penalties and such to parent accounts, not service accounts. So any infractions on any of your accounts will result in all of your accounts being disciplined.

Any service accounts that are associated with the same service as the suspended service account will also be suspended (see: banned).

For example, if you have a Square Enix Account with multiple FINAL FANTASY XIV service accounts and you receive a suspension on one of the FINAL FANTASY XIV service accounts, all other FINAL FANTASY XIV service accounts will also be suspended. However, any associated service, such as the Account Management System or SQUARE ENIX Members, will still be available to you during the suspension period.

Seems like, although it's more convenient to have all of your accounts linked, it's both safer and more cost effective to register four separate accounts to avoid possible issues.
<<

gnetcham

Post Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:21 pm

Re: Account creation & dubious account mechanics.

I got all 4 of my ffxiv accounts linked , it they want to ban 1 guy that's simple but if there going to ban someone paying for 4 accounts they will have to look twice at it, what botter is going to link all accounts to 1,
I really wouldn't worry to much about it unless you start to look like a bot lol, but if your driving your team from 1 guy it looks like the followers are bots sence they stack near on top of eachother that makes me stand out more then anything
I would love to get a keybind for follow that would follow the main driving toon but then make all the other toons follow the next slot up so there staggered and not stacked
<<

Meshuggenah

Post Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:05 am

Yeah, I didn't mean that they'd ban you for having multiple accounts. Just that if one of your accounts gets banned for some reason, it's less of an inconvenience if it's just one account rather than all of them. You don't really gain anything from having all of your accounts linked, but it could potentially be a pain.

When you activated your game codes, did you get your free 30 days on all accounts?
<<

gnetcham

Post Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:20 pm

3 /30day free on 3 accounts but my main didn't get the extra 30 days just 7 for being a 1.0 toon, not a biggy but I did find out later that my 1.0 free to play account didn't need to be reg just game time added to it so I just gave it away

Return to Final Fantasy XIV