FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Glitchy Mouse-Look Movement? See Inside!

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Mojoguy01

Post Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:03 pm

Glitchy Mouse-Look Movement? See Inside!

There's quite a few people whom move/look around using right-mouse movement instead of wasd (i'm one of them). Apparently, FF14 suffers from developer nearsightedness. The developers have locked mouse-movement with RMB to the game's frames. Meaning, if you're limiting the FPS of the game below about 40 or 50 for your main window you're going to get VERY nasty mouse movement glitchy lag.

I'm not sure if Lax can even fix that since it is entirelyt dependant on FF14 itself. I also haven't tried limiting my frames to 30 inside FF14 (there's actually an option) without isboxer loaded so i'm not sure if it is Isboxer doing it or not yet.

Just thought you'd like to know. Don't limit your frames on your main box below 40-50 or if you want mouse-movement :)! Unrestristed mine on the main to 60 and it's clean again. Just the alts are having issues now :/!
<<

yeaimjason

Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:37 pm

Re: Glitchy Mouse-Look Movement? See Inside!

I am having really bad issues with the mouse, when I turn broadcasting on (mouse) i can see on my slaves have a black wired icon as to what the mouse should be and I cannot even log into the game using mouse broadcast for clicking. As for in game play using the mouse is out of the question since clicks don't register and I'm having radical mouse movement when trying to change my camera position.

All my clients are running at 60 FPS and very smooth, my only drawback currently is getting the mouse sorted. Keyboard seems to work fine spamming assist macros across all characters.

I don't see myself boxing this game for long if I can't get past these issues it's hard to navigate and I hope other people post similar situations so this could be looked into.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:29 am

Re: Glitchy Mouse-Look Movement? See Inside!

yeaimjason wrote:I am having really bad issues with the mouse, when I turn broadcasting on (mouse) i can see on my slaves have a black wired icon as to what the mouse should be and I cannot even log into the game using mouse broadcast for clicking. As for in game play using the mouse is out of the question since clicks don't register and I'm having radical mouse movement when trying to change my camera position.

All my clients are running at 60 FPS and very smooth, my only drawback currently is getting the mouse sorted. Keyboard seems to work fine spamming assist macros across all characters.

I don't see myself boxing this game for long if I can't get past these issues it's hard to navigate and I hope other people post similar situations so this could be looked into.

If clicks are not registering, that sounds like "Make game believe it is foreground window" might not be checked in your Character Set. Or, alternatively, you're not on the latest ISBoxer or Inner Space.

If that's not it, try changing your in-game windowed mode setting -- relaunch after adjusting it

Return to Final Fantasy XIV