FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

LOW FPS FIX HERE!!!

Moderator: MiRai

<<

bravitzlana

Post Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:29 am

Re: LOW FPS FIX HERE!!!

I don't know how to article this to you any clearer. My computer is not the bottleneck. It is a software issue with ISboxer. What part of "I can run two clients with out ISboxer at max settings are you not reading? All the same, thank you for trying to help.

The problem was that I had my clients set to boarderless window mode. Once i set it to full screen the problem went away immediately, but not without a new problem coming up. My cursor doesn't work in game, I can move and swivel and scroll in and out with the camera but clicking isn't working. I think this is also going to be an easy fix, my guess is that something with ISboxer is wanting to use a gamepad by default instead of a keyboard and mouse. Will check it out now though.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:04 am

Re: LOW FPS FIX HERE!!!

bravitzlana wrote:What part of "I can run two clients with out ISboxer at max settings are you not reading?

I'm not sure you understand what's going on here. It's not a matter of not reading the part where you say "it works fine without ISBoxer", it's the part where that leads us nowhere and it is possible for you to gather information that is useful in resolving the issue. Which you didn't appear to want to do.

But, luckily you found something useful. The game's "borderless window mode" is likely the same as "Maximize", and the game is likely trying to maximize on the opposite screen from your Window Layout;
your dual-monitor dual-GPU configuration gives you a massive performance hit (as described in the GPU Management article). Disabling the borderless mode allows the correct monitor and GPU usage. I can look into issues with Maximize with FFXIV since that should be overridden, but next time if you want help you should probably run the analysis and help narrow down the issue so we know where to start.
Previous

Return to Final Fantasy XIV