FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

LOW FPS FIX HERE!!!

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Biggcarl

Post Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:16 am

LOW FPS FIX HERE!!!

For those of you that are having Isses with FPS while multiboxing and have AMD cards i went in to CCC and forced my card to bypass application settings. and i was actually able to turn graphics LOWER then what FFXIV lets you do in game. My FPS almost trippled after doing this and now i am able to 4 box with no issues at all. i currently have a AMD 5770 HD. I also heard hte nwe beta drivers for the nvidia cards helps the FPS as well!
Multiboxing: (Mul-ti-box-ing)1.physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it without incurring adverse effects.
<<

Mojoguy01

Post Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:19 pm

Re: LOW FPS FIX HERE!!!

What is CCC, and i'm taking that it is AMD/ATI cards only?

I'm using 2x760 GTX's in SLi, and i'm still having issues after upgrading. The game itself, or isboxer, is causing some mega-holy-poop lag.

Anyone know of a way to do the same thing with Nvidia cards? My settings in the Nvidia control panel aren't letting me override stuff :(!
<<

pinki104

Post Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:50 pm

how do you force it ? couldnt see anything in ccc
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:01 pm

Mojoguy01 wrote:What is CCC, and i'm taking that it is AMD/ATI cards only?

I'm using 2x760 GTX's in SLi, and i'm still having issues after upgrading. The game itself, or isboxer, is causing some mega-holy-poop lag.

Anyone know of a way to do the same thing with Nvidia cards? My settings in the Nvidia control panel aren't letting me override stuff :(!

Catalyst Control Center (CCC) is the ATI/AMD equivalent of the NVIDIA Control Panel. NVIDIA Control Panel has the same sort of override settings, and I do imagine you're looking in the right place. If the "Program Settings" tab is not working to override, you might try the "Global Settings" tab instead just to be sure.

Grab Open Hardware Monitor (see HOWTO: Tweak your framerate, Identifying framerate bottlenecks) and make sure that both of your cards are fully functioning in SLI. You might have a different bottleneck than you think

Also, I'm considering adding this sort of graphics override option directly to Inner Space and ISBoxer. :)
<<

Biggcarl

Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:29 am

also there is a new beta driver patch for Amd and that helped a ton as well. now im solid 30 FPS in town even wtih tons of people around 4 boxing
Multiboxing: (Mul-ti-box-ing)1.physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it without incurring adverse effects.
<<

Baltyre

Post Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:26 am

Can you copy paste your CCC Settings ?
<<

Biggcarl

Post Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:00 am

Baltyre wrote:Can you copy paste your CCC Settings ?

i just turned everything to overide game setings then put them on lowest settings. 2x performance and so on.
<<

Mojoguy01

Post Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:09 pm

Wish NVidia let you override everything, and then set your own settings. Nvidia Control Panel only lets you override if you're going to set something higher, or enhance what is already there :/! There's no "Override - Off" etc.
<<

Biggcarl

Post Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:33 pm

Mojoguy01 wrote:Wish NVidia let you override everything, and then set your own settings. Nvidia Control Panel only lets you override if you're going to set something higher, or enhance what is already there :/! There's no "Override - Off" etc.

i didnt do an overirde off. Currently AA in FFXIV min setting is 4 via CCC i am able to set it to none i also can slide texture filter to performance turn off surface format opengl tripple buffering to off.
<<

Mojoguy01

Post Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:01 am

Why bother with triple buffering? It only matters if Vsync is on, and it isn't in FF14.

Also, surface formatting?? What's that? Never heard of it, and it isn't in Nvidia Control Panel.
Next

Return to Final Fantasy XIV