FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Multiboxing Instances

Moderator: MiRai

<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:37 pm

Re: Multiboxing Instances

Baltyre wrote:Damn, still stuck with the last boss of Sastasha.
Do you try to prevent adds to spawn ? Or do you try to take them all ?

I personally tanked all the adds everytime I was there, but I did notice that you can just click the areas where they spawn (when when you see the message on your screen) and that'll stop them from spawning.

If I was to attempt Sastasha again, I would try parking 3 of my 4 characters at each of the grates where the adds spawn, and then just quickly flip to their screens and click on the grate area when it's time to stop the adds.
<<

Meshuggenah

Post Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:31 pm

I noticed you're using a two step macro to target and click heal, Mirai.

I was Google-ing earlier and came across this blog http://eorzeareborn.com/arcanist/ where it mentions that the game has the ability to mouseover target (/ac “Physick” <mo>). Could use this to heal without having to lose your offensive target.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:37 pm

Meshuggenah wrote:I noticed you're using a two step macro to target and click heal, Mirai.

I was Google-ing earlier and came across this blog http://eorzeareborn.com/arcanist/ where it mentions that the game has the ability to mouseover target (/ac “Physick” <mo>). Could use this to heal without having to lose your offensive target.

Of course, but as I stated in my last video that I had limited time due to having to set things up and fight the non-existent login queue 1017 error, so I went with a simple and straightforward approach.

I've said it before and I'll say it again (without trying to sound like I'm marketing anything), ISBoxer gives users/players/multiboxers an enormous amount of flexibility with their setup -- I think anyone who has ever used ISBoxer would immediately know this -- So, people should use whatever they feel most comfortable with.
<<

Meshuggenah

Post Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:44 pm

Yeah, I just thought you might not have been aware of the mouseover option.

Have you played around much with the various mages yet to give us some tips on which spells are OP? I'll probably download the game some time this weekend. Scholar seems nice. I've read people claim their healing pet can nearly heal instances by itself. If you had 3 of them and DPS'd on the Scholars you probably wouldn't need to actively heal at all. I wonder if the pets healing is based on its owners stats? If not, you could stat all int.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:05 pm

Meshuggenah wrote:Have you played around much with the various mages yet to give us some tips on which spells are OP?

I have one active account and it's almost impossible to log into the servers at times. So, for the time being I'm focusing on multiboxing other games.

Meshuggenah wrote:I'll probably download the game some time this weekend.

They've suspended all digital sales until they can upgrade their server equipment, so unless you've already got those game keys sitting around waiting to be attached to a service account, I would probably guess that you won't be able to grab anymore until next week sometime at the earliest.
<<

Meshuggenah

Post Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:15 pm

Hm.. it's available from my local EB Games for the same price as the digital download. If I order it tonight it'll be here by my next weekend.

Thanks for the tip!
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:26 pm

Meshuggenah wrote:Hm.. it's available from my local EB Games for the same price as the digital download. If I order it tonight it'll be here by my next weekend.

Thanks for the tip!

Sorry, I didn't clarify. They halted all digital sales for the time being. You can still purchase physical copies at your local store(s) if they're in stock (they're not pulling them from the shelves as far as I know).
<<

gnetcham

Post Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:04 pm

Iam mutiboxing 4 accounts atm just tryin to get them all on same time is crazy atm, I have some ideas for <mo> healing and muti target assisting with clickbars just cant get in to test lol
<<

propagandalf

Post Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:30 am

A lot of single-boxers are using this AutoHotkey script to get through the 1017 error screen:

http://www.rerolled.org/showthread.php? ... 1017-macro

It just automates smashing num0 continuously, rather than having to do it manually, to actually get in the game. Only problem is, it won't help us get our multiple accounts in. Anyone an expert with AutoHotKey and can adapt to work for us? Like select specific account as the second step, and work with the instances in iSBoxer, etc.

The funny thing is, the script is supposed to target multiple instances of the game running and he mentions at the bottom it's made for multiboxers.
<<

Meshuggenah

Post Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:26 am

gnetcham wrote:Iam mutiboxing 4 accounts atm just tryin to get them all on same time is crazy atm, I have some ideas for <mo> healing and muti target assisting with clickbars just cant get in to test lol

Apparently you can also macro various versions of raid markers.

Marking - /mk [mark type] [target name] [variable]

Mark Types -
attack1–5 - Targets to attack
bind1–3 - CC Targets
ignore1–2 - Targets ... not to attack, I guess?
circle
cross
square
triangle
off - Clear target.

Since macros in this game work sequentially, I wonder if you could build a priority target system based on marks. In ISBoxer, preface all of your DPS keymaps with
/ta <attack1>
/ta <attack2>
/ta <attack3>

Before you pull, mark up targets 1 through 5. If 1 isn't available, it will target 2. If 2 isn't available, it will target 3. Seems like this games macro system is less robust than WoW's, but also less restricted in some ways. There's also an auto face macro (/ft), an accept group invite macro. Looks promising.
PreviousNext

Return to Final Fantasy XIV