FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Mixed Team

Moderator: MiRai

<<

propagandalf

Post Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:49 pm

Mixed Team

I didn't get a chance to try multiboxing during the open beta, but I went ahead and picked up 3 more copies so that I can try a 4 man team at launch.

What's everyone's thoughts on a good mixed team? I was thinking Paladin, White Mage and 2 Summoners.

Thoughts?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:09 pm

Re: Mixed Team

As I stated in another thread, mixed teams that fill the right roles are really the best way to go if you're trying to down PvE content. I ran with a mixed team and I'm uploading a video at this very moment that shows it off a little bit.
<<

propagandalf

Post Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:21 pm

Ya, I tried to find where you mention which classes you ran, but couldn't. White mage and tank are obvious, but I guess I'm looking for feedback on which 2 classes/jobs to fill the 2 DPS spots.

Looking forward to your video!
<<

fixitman

Post Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:04 pm

I plan on tri-boxing gladiator/conjurer/thurmaturge (paladin/white mage/black mage later). I used the same setup in WoW, and it worked quite well (most of the time LOL).
<<

gnetcham

Post Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:19 pm

Aiming for mixed team

Tank-Warrior - Aoe Ability "Steel Cyclone " for higher level aoe pulls, largest hp pool, self heal, just a real badass :D
Healer-Whitemage -Aoe Heal, Raise, Party Buffs aka Protect/stone, Mana efficient if not dpsing
Dps1-Blackmage - Support Debuffs , Sleep, Aoe Nukes, Mana efficient
Dps2-Summoner -Support Debuffs ,Heal/tank/Dps pets, Aoe Dots, Self mana leach skill
<<

propagandalf

Post Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:30 pm

So is setting up an FTL system possible? I'm not having much luck... though I'm having trouble with some pretty simple macros.

For example, I have setup of a target keymap for each of my 4 characters -- where all slaves target char 1-4-- using Ctrl+F1 - Ctrl+F4, mapped to G1-G4. They work fine as keymaps. However, when I try to have slaves target the lead, when I switch windows, the same broadcast or keymap doesn't work.

Under character sets, for each slot, i have checked "When I switch to this character..." and set it to broadcast Ctrl+F1 (my in-game macro for follow tank character). Even though broadcasting Ctrl+F1 works fine under a keymap, it doesn't work when broadcast under the Character Set -> Switching tab. I also tried "Do this Mapped Key", using that same keymap and it's not working.

Any ideas?
<<

Biggcarl

Post Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:13 pm

propagandalf wrote:So is setting up an FTL system possible? I'm not having much luck... though I'm having trouble with some pretty simple macros.

For example, I have setup of a target keymap for each of my 4 characters -- where all slaves target char 1-4-- using Ctrl+F1 - Ctrl+F4, mapped to G1-G4. They work fine as keymaps. However, when I try to have slaves target the lead, when I switch windows, the same broadcast or keymap doesn't work.

Under character sets, for each slot, i have checked "When I switch to this character..." and set it to broadcast Ctrl+F1 (my in-game macro for follow tank character). Even though broadcasting Ctrl+F1 works fine under a keymap, it doesn't work when broadcast under the Character Set -> Switching tab. I also tried "Do this Mapped Key", using that same keymap and it's not working.

Any ideas?

Check out my setup viewtopic.php?f=52&t=4655
Multiboxing: (Mul-ti-box-ing)1.physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it without incurring adverse effects.
<<

Meshuggenah

Post Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:21 pm

After doing a bit of reading, it seems that each class has its own starting area. Do you have to level each character individually to 15 and then catch an airship to get them together?

Also, what about the important class quest lines? Are they available in all zones or will we have to run around to 4 different zones and complete each quest chain separately?

What a pain.
<<

Lyonheart

Post Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:50 pm

Meshuggenah wrote:After doing a bit of reading, it seems that each class has its own starting area. Do you have to level each character individually to 15 and then catch an airship to get them together?

Also, what about the important class quest lines? Are they available in all zones or will we have to run around to 4 different zones and complete each quest chain separately?

What a pain.

You have to be in the starting city for each class. this is the only downside to leveling a mixed team. Once you get to 15.. you can easily port between the cities ( that gets expensive though )
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:03 pm

Lyonheart wrote:Once you get to 15.. you can easily port between the cities ( that gets expensive though )

The airship is much cheaper. ;)
Next

Return to Final Fantasy XIV