FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

<3 ISBoxer and feedback on Beta weekend

Moderator: MiRai

<<

djein

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:42 pm

<3 ISBoxer and feedback on Beta weekend

I just want to start off with a big THANK YOU! to Lax and Mirai for fixing the major issues that plagued us during earlier beta phases so fast! It was a very happy surprise to wake up and find that mouse broadcasting and movement was working smoothly. Without your guys hard work with ISBoxer I wouldn't have had such an entertaining (and exausting...what is sleep?) weekend. That being said I noticed a few tiny little problems in phase 4.

There still seems to be some latency between main instance and the other ones when it comes to assisting. I'm not sure if its the game itself taking time to register your on a new target or ISBoxer. I honestly hope its ISBoxer so the problem can be flushed out a bit. In wow/neverwinter for example the other screens respond instantly with zero lag when doing assist type things but in FFXIV I have to swap to a new ingame target on my main and wait around 2 full seconds before hitting assist. Its just not as crisp as any other game i've multiboxed and i feel it could be in relation to my next problem. When going through quest dialogue the first screen is really fast while the others take a few seconds to register the action. Its not the click itself which is instantaneous to other windows...but more like the other instances are trying to catch up to the main one. Almost as if there is some hardware delay as the other windows catch up. (I am 99% sure its not hardware based as I have a very new and beefy computer setup that could probably run 8+ instances) I'm currently running in what we decided was optimal CPU mode running all CPU in each window like during previous beta tests but I have tried the others including Round Robin (the standard that seemed to work well for all previous games). I also noticed /follow distance seemed to be a little messed up. In previous phases my other 3 characters would follow pretty tight but in Phase 4 they would stretch a good distance aways. This could be due to server latency. When watching my other screens i notice my main character teleports a little bit. It COULD be the latency issue between main screen and the others but in all honesty its most likely the huge overflow of people on the server causing bad latency.

Aside from these minor pet peeves I was able to four box for three days straight without any crashes, bugs or errors (didn't even go offline once). It was fast and responsive even during super high population Fates/Events on Gilgamesh server. Running through towns on the most populated server US was a breeze and I had little to no issues with the multiboxing. I also had the opportunity to speak ingame with other multiboxers on Gilgamesh alot of which are really pleased with ISBoxer. If anyone wants to say hi ingame or talk shop about this wonderful new game my characters are Apple Pie, Cherry Pie, Pumpkin Pie, Lemon Pie. Cya next friday for the pre-release!
Last edited by djein on Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

gnetcham

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:40 pm

Re: <3 ISBoxer and feedback on Beta weekend

I found the same latency you are talking about in my games this weekend, my biggest issue was not being able to get the /target "Full Name" pre slot macros to work in isboxer after seting up all the correct keys in variable keystrokes
all other per target keymaps worked fine /follow "Full Name" and /Assist "Full Name" worked 100%

I did notice the alts on follow were way behind me all the time and have to stop now and then to catch them up but its not really a prob.

I was also really Surprised to see Lax and Mirai workin on the patch for innerspace didn't think it would of been up and running in less then a few hours it seemed like.

Iam on Excalibur server I didn't get a chance to run into any mutiboxers there sence the server kept getin locked to Creation of new Characters

All in all Iam all for mutiboxing ffxivarr I belive we just have to find a work around for the melee alts running 1 tank 3 casters is find if your driving from the tank =)
<<

pinki104

Post Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:52 am

Yes latency was an issue for me too and also CPU because for some reason my first 2 cores were maxing out but the rest were only bouncing from 60-80% with round robin

Moogle seemed like the most popular server for EU and i did see a pug multiboxer on there which looked pretty fun
<<

djein

Post Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:04 am

pinki104 wrote: pug multiboxer on there which looked pretty fun

As in 4 melee? I really want to figure out how to put more melee into my composition.
<<

WaitWhat

Post Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:08 am

djein wrote:
pinki104 wrote: pug multiboxer on there which looked pretty fun

As in 4 melee? I really want to figure out how to put more melee into my composition.

It works pretty easily, I normally have the master Run either to the side or behind the Monster for easier positioning and the range on melee isn't point blank so its fairly easy to do.

I had no real issues myself since I got a new very powerful PC recently.

I was pleased to see the Mouse Overlay was working well. Helped a lot in areas and it was very smooth and worked out very well.
I personally didn't see any issues expect for the lack of mods which isnt IsBoxers problem. But my own desire to see the same ISboxer Mods that wow has which will be amazing!

Other then that, I was able to play rather smoothly expect for turning the camera on the salve which was to be expected.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:30 pm

djein wrote:There still seems to be some latency between main instance and the other ones when it comes to assisting. I'm not sure if its the game itself taking time to register your on a new target or ISBoxer. I honestly hope its ISBoxer so the problem can be flushed out a bit. In wow/neverwinter for example the other screens respond instantly with zero lag when doing assist type things but in FFXIV I have to swap to a new ingame target on my main and wait around 2 full seconds before hitting assist. Its just not as crisp as any other game i've multiboxed and i feel it could be in relation to my next problem.

Sounds like you're talking about server lag -- The time it takes your character to tell the server who you're targeting, so that the server can tell the slaves who you've got targeted. While other games are better much about it, this 'problem' can be replicated in any MMO if you try to assist too quickly.

djein wrote:When going through quest dialogue the first screen is really fast while the others take a few seconds to register the action. Its not the click itself which is instantaneous to other windows...but more like the other instances are trying to catch up to the main one. Almost as if there is some hardware delay as the other windows catch up.

Again, I'm pretty sure this is based upon latency from the server and FPS of your non-active clients.

djein wrote:I also noticed /follow distance seemed to be a little messed up. In previous phases my other 3 characters would follow pretty tight but in Phase 4 they would stretch a good distance aways.

My characters have always been miles behind me in all of the phases of beta. I talk about this in both my first and second videos on FFXIV, but again, 99.9% sure this is based on latency as it is in almost every other MMO (EQ bases follow distance on FPS, as well).
<<

djein

Post Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:41 pm

damn u latency...damnnnn uuuuu.
I'm a Candian with a 250mb/s connection and the server is in Montreal I should just speed along! jk 9 billion ppl playing this wonderful game :p
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:07 pm

djein wrote:damn u latency...damnnnn uuuuu.
I'm a Candian with a 250mb/s connection and the server is in Montreal I should just speed along! jk 9 billion ppl playing this wonderful game :p

Well, for anyone who has ever played FFXI or FFXIV 1.0, they would know that the game has always played slower (and not just because the servers were located in Japan). I had read somewhere on the dark side of the internet that SE uses more encryption than other mainstream MMOs which tends to add that extra delay. So, this doesn't necessarily come down to how fast your internet is or how close you live to the datacenter, it's just a side effect of the servers having to go through the extra encryption and decryption of the information that's being sent back and forth.

As for how true that statement is about encryption... I honestly don't know, but it made sense to me when and where I read it.
<<

djein

Post Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:10 pm

Yeah I've been playing mmo's for a longggg time including ffxi...I understand what your saying it was just my hope that it was more of a client side thing that we could fix. Rather than something we must forever put up with. Can't wait for NDA to be lifted so u can show us more sexy ffxiv multibox vids Mirai <3

Return to Final Fantasy XIV