FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Power leveling

Moderator: MiRai

<<

gnetcham

Post Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:02 pm

Power leveling

if your one of the few that get up a aoe class to 20+ you can powerlevel your alts up to 15 rather fast just aoe grinding,

1. round up the mobs in the light party with your aoe class then toss a heal on yourself from your alts to get the mobs on there arggo list so they get full exp, next drop party on your aoe class and nuke them all, just make a macro

/invite "full name"

/pcmd leave

you get 100% extra exp by leaving party

75% if you just follow around the PL out of party and just a heal on him to get arggo list really up to you
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:34 pm

Re: Power leveling

Nice.

Final Fantasy XIV had this back in the 1.0 version of the game as well. SE was aware of power-leveling through mob tagging and fully allowed it.
<<

propagandalf

Post Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:31 am

I saw this on Reddit and thought it might be a good strategy for boxers...

EXP Parties:
http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/ ... d_musings/
<<

Biggcarl

Post Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:18 am

propagandalf wrote:I saw this on Reddit and thought it might be a good strategy for boxers...

EXP Parties:
http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/ ... d_musings/

oh that looks very cool i probably will do alot of this at the start.
Multiboxing: (Mul-ti-box-ing)1.physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it without incurring adverse effects.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:50 am

I'll add that even just straight grinding definitely seemed viable in a 3-4 man team when I was getting the bonus experience from each chain... At least in the lower level areas.
<<

Lyonheart

Post Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:20 pm

I kind of hope i hate this game..because of this >>

''A light party (4 or more members) is therefore recommended. This gives you the 4 necessary party roles. However, a full party (8 members) seems to be perfect (see ""EXP Party Theorycrafting, Observations, and Musings for FFXIV" for reasoning).''

I'm all about efficiency , and if i love this game. ill be 8 boxing it .. so i hope i hate it! lol
<<

pinki104

Post Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:00 pm

does anybody know any good areas with alot of mobs level 25ish ? i have yet to see a crowded mob area and the problem is if there are others in the same area killing mobs then you could easily lose the chain
<<

djein

Post Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:31 pm

Lyonheart wrote:I kind of hope i hate this game..because of this >>

''A light party (4 or more members) is therefore recommended. This gives you the 4 necessary party roles. However, a full party (8 members) seems to be perfect (see ""EXP Party Theorycrafting, Observations, and Musings for FFXIV" for reasoning).''

I'm all about efficiency , and if i love this game. ill be 8 boxing it .. so i hope i hate it! lol

Not sure how efficient an 8 box will be in a dungeon situation. Tank swapping and other mechanics will be annoyingly difficult. The first dungeon alone has an endboss that wants you to have each seperate person run to a corner of the room and close a switch so mobs don't spawn while staying in range of the boss to dps/heal. You can brute force this particular encounter at least...but I am doubtful with future ones that would be to easy. I can't imagine the complexity of the same mechanic but with 8 in a larger room. 4 boxing I believe on the other hand seems to be the perfect balance. If we can pull off an 8 box i'm there with ya bud!
<<

gnetcham

Post Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:11 pm

4 man party can aoe down packs of mobs easy with some aoe mixed in and you have almost no down time unless your fightin mobs that will almost kill you when they hit a aoe.

8 man party boxer id love to see that someday but I can really see 2 teams of 4 boxers going at a raid instance 8 man style and pulin it off
<<

Biggcarl

Post Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:36 am

Thats my plan is i want to four box. Then i have 4 other friends playing the game so we will do 8 man instances me playing 4 them playing 1 each we should have no issues with downing content.
Multiboxing: (Mul-ti-box-ing)1.physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it without incurring adverse effects.
Next

Return to Final Fantasy XIV