FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Seems I derped, Little help.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

WaitWhat

Post Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:46 am

Seems I derped, Little help.

Ok I asked this before and I can't find the old topic.

But For all the rows outside of the standard 1-9 Bar. How do you get it to go to the Other Windows? cause It seems like the keys I use (alt 1-9,shift 1-9 etc) aren't having Shift,Alt or Ctrl Pass to the other window and it registers it as only just the number.

Brief Reminder and I'll be set, Sorry once again I have a bad memory at lot of the times.

Also I got 3 Level 20's on day one!

Cjn,THM and Archer
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:08 am

Re: Seems I derped, Little help.

Nice :)

For all the rows outside of the standard 1-9 Bar. How do you get it to go to the Other Windows? cause It seems like the keys I use (alt 1-9,shift 1-9 etc) aren't having Shift,Alt or Ctrl Pass to the other window and it registers it as only just the number.

For some games -- possibly including FFXIV -- in order for the game to process the broadcasted modifiers, the "Hold" option may need to be enabled on your Mapped Keys (that use a modifier). So, try going to your Key Map with those Mapped Keys, find one of them with a modifier that seems to only be sending the number, and enable the "Hold any Keystroke Actions while Hotkey is held" option.

If that helps let me know, I may be able to do another Inner Space update to work around the issue
<<

WaitWhat

Post Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:31 am

lax wrote:

Nice :)

For all the rows outside of the standard 1-9 Bar. How do you get it to go to the Other Windows? cause It seems like the keys I use (alt 1-9,shift 1-9 etc) aren't having Shift,Alt or Ctrl Pass to the other window and it registers it as only just the number.

For some games -- possibly including FFXIV -- in order for the game to process the broadcasted modifiers, the "Hold" option may need to be enabled on your Mapped Keys (that use a modifier). So, try going to your Key Map with those Mapped Keys, find one of them with a modifier that seems to only be sending the number, and enable the "Hold any Keystroke Actions while Hotkey is held" option.

If that helps let me know, I may be able to do another Inner Space update to work around the issue

Thanks I'll let you know also for some reason when I hit numbers it types the number a space and three more of the number i.e. 2 222
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:45 am

Thanks I'll let you know also for some reason when I hit numbers it types the number a space and three more of the number i.e. 2 222

In that case, you might have more than one active Mapped Key that sends 2 when you press 2, and this may be related to why the modifiers are not working. I can look at your configuration to help you with that -- HOWTO: Share your configuration for better support
<<

pinki104

Post Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:42 am

mine also doubles up on numbers, doesent mattter what number it is it just doubles it but it never happened on any other game with same config
<<

Alfredo

Post Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:57 am

what characters did you make? 3x conjurer?
<<

WaitWhat

Post Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:23 pm

Alfredo wrote:what characters did you make? 3x conjurer?

x2 Cjn, x2 THM,x2 ARC and just got x2 ACN
<<

Alfredo

Post Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:28 pm

I was eager to multibox this game too, but seeing that you get the best gear from raids and 8+ player dungeons, seems a bit pointless
<<

gnetcham

Post Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:15 pm

Alfredo wrote:I was eager to multibox this game too, but seeing that you get the best gear from raids and 8+ player dungeons, seems a bit pointless

if you get into a good freecompany and you got your 4s team solid more often then not you can get friends to fill the extra 4 slots or you can just use the 3 extra classes to help yourself level up

but if I call isn't wow the same way? best gear is from raid instances not small 5 man party runs
<<

WaitWhat

Post Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:31 am

Edit:Mostly Sorted.

Got my issue sorted btw lax.
Also, Currently.

For some reason I am still getting 3 extra of each number even though I've deleted other Keybind sets.
http://www.privatepaste.com/8d5c346fca
ARC,ACN,THM,CJN,GLD, are all now level 20
Next

Return to Final Fantasy XIV