FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Party Size

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Nibilus

Post Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:25 pm

Party Size

I heard after reading several of the threads, people switching from 5/6 people to 4 for ARR. I spent most of this morning at work ... working of course; looking for the details on party sizes and bonuses/negatives. Does anyone know specifically what the ideal size to box on this would be. I was initially going to do 2, then from MiRai's videos i had a thought to use 4. But i am hearing the difficulty may scale up to 8?
Last edited by Nibilus on Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:10 pm

Re: Party Size

Here's what I understand...

Normal instances while leveling are a max of 4 characters which is considered a 'light' party and will require the correct roles to use the dungeon tool thing (I don't know if you can actually go into a dungeon w/o the in-game tool). End-game stuff is going to need a full party of 8 or a raid of 24 (3 parties of 8).
<<

wespash1w

Post Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:14 pm

Unless it has been changed you do not need to be specific roles to use the dungeon finder. If you are solo and que for a dungeon then yes you will wait till you get the correct roles. But if you have a party of 4 already it doesnt matter what the roles are. You can 4 box Conjurors or whatever you want. Whether the content can be finished without certain roles or not remains to be seen lol. Though i know of friends that went in 3 DD and a healer and were able to enter and finish one of the first dungeons.

Unless they changed it that is...
<<

gnetcham

Post Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:02 am

If you form a full party with people on your server, you can queue up with any setup you want. If you queue up without a full party, you have to use their recommended class setup (1 tank, 2 dps, and 1 healer).

Return to Final Fantasy XIV