FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Regarding ISBoxer for FFXIV

Moderator: MiRai

<<

WaitWhat

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:26 pm

Regarding ISBoxer for FFXIV

I know the last build used for FFXIV had some mouse staggering issues and no overlay connection between screen with mouse clicks.

My question is:
Can this be fixed without the game client or no? Not sure if you need it to fix these things and if I should expect them to be here still come Phase 4.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:25 pm

Re: Regarding ISBoxer for FFXIV

Any fixes certainly can't be tested. In fact, there is absolutely no guarantee the client will even be the same. You're just going to need to be a little patient and give Lax time to work on things once he gets access to the client. I can assure you no matter how badly you want it to work, he wants it to work more.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:40 pm

Alge wrote:In fact, there is absolutely no guarantee the client will even be the same.

You're right about this. SE already told everyone to remove the beta client from their systems because it won't work moving forward and everyone will be downloading a different (newer) client. We can only hope that prior compatibility is not lost.
<<

WaitWhat

Post Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:57 am

I figured as much, but never hurts to ask. If a Mod or Admin wants to delete this thread,then go ahead.
<<

gnetcham

Post Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:18 am

I would count on being able to mutibox till it goes live on the 27th 2 days of openbeta isn't much to test isboxer patchs, Just stock up on energy drinks and make up for lose time =P
<<

pinki104

Post Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:23 am

hopefully lax will be around for the last beta just increase we need any hot fixes ready for release
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:42 am

Unfortunately, Square's open beta timing doesn't fit nicely into my schedule: Beta Phase 4 lands on my wife's birthday, my birthday, and our anniversary. Early access begins on my sister's wedding day (tip: I'll be at the wedding).

I sincerely apologize for having prior engagements; these days don't exactly change for game publishers' schedules ;)

I did have to remove the previous FFXIV mouselook implementation from Inner Space due to the issues it caused with other games and the poor results in FFXIV (e.g. choppiness while holding a keyboard button and doing mouselook). I expect to have to do a day or two of work to implement it differently, and I have that more or less planned out. Other than the RL scheduling conflicts I don't foresee any major problems...
<<

WaitWhat

Post Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:40 am

lax wrote:Unfortunately, Square's open beta timing doesn't fit nicely into my schedule: Beta Phase 4 lands on my wife's birthday, my birthday, and our anniversary. Early access begins on my sister's wedding day (tip: I'll be at the wedding).

I sincerely apologize for having prior engagements; these days don't exactly change for game publishers' schedules ;)

I did have to remove the previous FFXIV mouselook implementation from Inner Space due to the issues it caused with other games and the poor results in FFXIV (e.g. choppiness while holding a keyboard button and doing mouselook). I expect to have to do a day or two of work to implement it differently, and I have that more or less planned out. Other than the RL scheduling conflicts I don't foresee any major problems...

Alright, I should be able to manage leveling since the Key overlay won't be disable and I can still do my macro's and keep playing. Will be a little rough but I'm sure we all can manage a week or so.
<<

pinki104

Post Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:33 am

yeh would be nice if we can have a thread with everybodys macros ect when it comes out, im still unsure how to assist because althought there is an assist macro im not sure if its like WoW where its
/assist name1
/spell blah blah

or if you need to /assist for one macro and then another button for cast ect
<<

gnetcham

Post Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:51 pm

iam sure we will get a macro thread started once we get to play around again with new client
Next

Return to Final Fantasy XIV