FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

keymaps and ingame hotbar

Moderator: MiRai

<<

couillon

Post Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:04 am

keymaps and ingame hotbar

Here again guys. My ingame hotbar keybinds are not firing off. I have skills slotted in CTRL+1 and CTRL+2. I used the pro configuration and set up virtualized Key map for a 3 boxing team. When I hit "1" (Combat Hotkey for dps rotation), the debug console shows that all my game windows are getting CTRL + 1 (hold and release) and CTRL + 2....only nothing is happening to the hotbar with those keybinds. Any suggestions?

http://www.privatepaste.com/e8b44950f6
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:14 am

Re: keymaps and ingame hotbar

For this Hold option to work as desired, it has to be enabled on the entire sequence from Combat Hotkeys, to Virtual Combat, to the class-specific Key Maps. In this case it is not enabled on Combat Hotkeys or Virtual Combat, so what happens is they get both the press and release when you release 1, as per "DPS Rotation" in "Combat Hotkeys" being set to execute a step when the Hotkey is released (Default).

Note that you don't have to enable it on entire Key Maps, just specific Mapped Keys is fine. (This would be important if you will need some other keys in the same Key Map to not include the Hold option.)
<<

couillon

Post Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:51 am

Re: keymaps and ingame hotbar

Thanks for that reminder Lax, it's firing off now.

Return to Final Fantasy XIV