FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Launching as background #3

Moderator: MiRai

<<

dman0129

Post Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:17 am

Launching as background #3

Hello,

I checked the other 2 posts and I couldn't locate the same software they had that was blocking it. I did try and use the dev patcher to see if it would correct it and it wouldn't. Attached is my Diagnostic, it happened all of a sudden and I haven't installed anything new.

https://pastebin.com/GXidYp6q
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: Launching as background #3

Fairly limited suggestions as nothing is really jumping out.

1. Update your graphics drivers. Also do not install bits of it you don't need to, like GeForceExperience, 3d driver (if you don't have a 3d monitor, you do not need this). As a general rule I would only select Graphics Driver, PhsyX, HD Audio, and HD Audio is optional for those that really want to use their monitor speakers via their graphics card (over HDMI/DP usually). Other people with fancy sound setups may want it too.

2. Try a "sfc /scannow" from an admin command prompt.

3. You might be one of these lucky people with the latest Win10 update where stuff just breaks, and you need a clean install.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:55 am

bob wrote:3. You might be one of these lucky people with the latest Win10 update where stuff just breaks, and you need a clean install.

To add to what bob said, you could also try build 6180 from the archives, but if it works, it's unlikely going to be a long-term fix.
<<

dman0129

Post Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:16 pm

I will try this as soon as I get home, thanks!

Return to EverQuest 2