FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Recent Return and Confused on the Changes

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Jestermancer

Post Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:27 am

Recent Return and Confused on the Changes

Hello, first of all this product rocks.

I have recently returned and I can not seem to figure out about this 'broadcasting" it makes my other account run off on his own, and repeats every thing I type. Am I forgetting to disable something? I liked the way I used to have it all set up, had 3 hot bars key mapped 31 keys space for jump.
I have tried setting up my keys, added them to my char profile etc. I think its the odd sliver icons on the left top of my screen that is interrupting. Seems the entire setup is not working and the "new style" is over riding. solved some of this, not used to the silver broadcast keys yet.

Changes I am unfamiliar with

Wizard 1. check box-Assign default Key Maps to my new Character Set
Click Bar with toggle for thes Key Mappings and Repeater
(tried both ways so far) on and off

Open Character Sets, bottom right has .Perform this mapped key when character set is loaded or reloaded.(see this option now) have only tried the default which says Do <NO MAPPED KEY> in <NO KEY MAP> -> <NO TARGET>

1. key maps there are now 3 catagories, always on, non combat,combat /which do i make my key maps in now"?
Basically I am able to do everything the same except figure out how to enable/add/program my key maps, I also see an automatic type option?

Just want to set up 12 keys that will work when I click them on both accounts, I am sure I am missing something simple but idk?

The game launches and the windows appear as they should, I can change my old settings just like before. The only problem is the keys will not work(will not click on other window accounts), I also use the G15 and it runs in Admin. using Win7 used Everquest 2 under my set up wizard, default profile.
Last edited by Jestermancer on Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
<<

Jestermancer

Post Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:01 am

Re: Recent Return and Confused on the Changes

Found a link , reading the information. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Quick_Start_Gui ... me_folders
Understanding the broadcast etc. Still unsure about new style of map key making.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:29 am

From your original post I'd say all you need is the Quick Start Guide. But then in your second post you linked one of the end sections of the Quick Start Guide and said you still have no idea what's going on. So I'm a little confused as to whether you read the guide or not, and what you still need help with.

Key Maps work 100% the same as before. The difference is now that non-WoW games also get a generated "base" config, where they previously did not. If you don't like it, uncheck the box at the end of the Quick Setup Wizard and the new things will not be assigned to your Character Set, and then you can do exactly what you did whenever it was that you used it before ;)

If you still need help with something that you have attempted to configure, still have in your config, and haven't gotten working, please show me your config so I can understand. There's a sticky post that explains how to do that the right way: http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13. Just don't show me a config that was generated by the wizard and then not changed at all, I know what the wizard does ;)
<<

Jestermancer

Post Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:22 pm

UNCHECK the box at the end of the Quick Setup Wizard and the new things will not be assigned to your Character Set, and then you can do exactly what you did whenever it was that you used it before

This solved my problem thanks, I was just a little confused with the new mapped key sub categories that were appearing when the auto was checked. I will tinker around and hopefully learn the new way too at some time. :D

Thanks, I knew it was some simple step I was not doing correctly.

Return to EverQuest 2