FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

EVERQUEST 2: LAUNCHER 3

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Durant

Post Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:51 am

EVERQUEST 2: LAUNCHER 3

Hi, reading some stuff on the main Sony Forums that with Velious the Launcher 1 is being made obsolete and that the only way to play eq2 will be via the Station Launcher, Streaming or by the new Launcher 3.

How will this affect using Isboxer as the word is that Launcher 3 will not support multiboxing on one machine?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:06 am

Re: EVERQUEST 2: LAUNCHER 3

First, unless this "Launcher 3" is currently available for download, I don't know how I'm supposed to answer your question. Supporting multiboxing is not a function of a game launcher, but "blocking multiboxing" could be. They have never "supported multiboxing".

Secondly, they have yet to disable or even say they will disable (that I've seen) the ability to launch the game without the launcher. As long as you can do this, the launcher/patcher is completely irrelevant to multiboxing (other than sometimes having to patch outside of IS).

Anyway, every time the launcher is changing there's dozens of posts on my forums asking how it will work. How it will work is this. I will get the launcher, and I will try to run it, and if it doesn't work, I will fix whatever is stopping it from working. Lots of games require launchers, including Dungeons & Dragons Online and Lord of the Rings Online. It's not a problem ;)
<<

Durant

Post Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:14 am

Re: EVERQUEST 2: LAUNCHER 3

Many Thanks for the quick reply, I was not getting at you guys, just curious, especially as I have just renewed my subscription and I run 5 toons on one PC with your great tool :)

I understand the bit about patching using a newer launcher and then playing with the old, if it comes to that I can live with it :)

Thanks again for answering my query.

Return to EverQuest 2