FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Automating character login.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

milque

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:00 am

Automating character login.

I know ISBoxer can't log in to your accounts for you, but back when I was just getting interested in the program I would have sword I saw something mentioning another .ini file you could virtualize and have it automate character selection.

With 6 accounts I'd love to get this automated, as right now I have to log in 6 accounts, select 6 toons, load them, turn off the welcome screens, and then group them before I can get going.

Does anyone know where I can look to find out this information?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:39 am

Re: Automating character login.

It looks like EQ2 stores the last selected character in eq2_recent.ini, which means that if you were to create your teams with the Quick Setup Wizard, they should automatically be selected after the first login. For your teams that are already made, you can just right click on Virtual Files and select "Virtual File Wizard" and it'll do the hard parts for you.
<<

milque

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:47 am

That brings them up in the character select screen, but you still have to manually select them. I think I finally found the post I had seen earlier (quoting):

add the following lines to eq2.ini:
cl_autoplay_char [name]
cl_autoplay_world [server]

Caps matter. its not blackburrow or BlackBurrow its Blackburrow. same goes for character name.

run eq2.exe, enter your password, you're playing.

....I'll need to virtualize the eq2.ini files as well, apparently, but if this works life just got more convenient. :)

Next up, figure out if there's a way to toggle off the welcome screen at loading. That thing drives me nuts.

Edit: Found that, too. This in the EQ2.ini file - cl_show_welcome_screen_on_startup 0

All of them have been tested and it works great. Type your password and you're in game in character and no welcome screen.
<<

Molikar

Post Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:27 pm

Hate to raise such an old thread from the dead but it did seem like the best place for my question...

I have 6 accounts I am boxing in Everquest II. The eq2_recent.ini files are all virtualized to "eq2_recent-<character name> (<server name>)" however when I add the cl_autoplay_char value to each of the ini files (with the appropriate character name) it only works once. The next time I go to log in that field has been removed from each of the virtualized files. Is there something obvious that I am missing? Thanks!

Return to EverQuest 2