FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

"No Game Assets Found" Crash when trying to run from IS!

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Mojoguy01

Post Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:57 am

"No Game Assets Found" Crash when trying to run from IS!

Just wiped my PC, and got done reinstalling everything last night. This morning I reinstalled and setup EQ2 + ISBoxer, but now i've run into an error i've never seen before?

"No Game Assets Found. Please launch the game from the patcher." <====Error that pops up when I try to run a EQ2-Default Profile from Innerspace (not even an ISBoxer profile). If I run the game stock from Everquest2.exe inside the game folder it works fine.

I've searched all over the forum, and EQ2's official forums with no fix in sight :(?

Any idea what might be causing this? I'm using the full client, and even when I tried experimenting with the "Streaming" client options I ran into a different error about PixelShader something or other. However, I'm using the full install so that is a moot point :).

Pls help :(
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:04 am

Re: "No Game Assets Found" Crash when trying to run from IS!

There are a couple of posts on the subject:

viewtopic.php?p=37397#p37397
viewtopic.php?p=7177#p7177

Not sure if the first guys issue ever got resolved, but the second guy seems to have resolved his issue by using the parameters detailed in http://isboxer.com/wiki/EQ2:Quick_Start ... ng_ISBoxer
<<

Mojoguy01

Post Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:05 am

bob wrote:There are a couple of posts on the subject:

viewtopic.php?p=37397#p37397
viewtopic.php?p=7177#p7177

Not sure if the first guys issue ever got resolved, but the second guy seems to have resolved his issue by using the parameters detailed in http://isboxer.com/wiki/EQ2:Quick_Start ... ng_ISBoxer

I mentioned that I'm using the Full install. Those "params" are for the streaming client.

:(
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:12 am

I recently had an e-mail exchange with someone who had this exact issue. His wasn't on a wiped PC with a clean install of everything, so we went through the process of verifying he's launching the right game executable, has parameters that don't cause the problem, checking for incompatible software, etc.

Here is what he said after finally getting the problem resolved:
In my frustration yesterday I uninstalled all my windows update and then let windows do the updating again. From what I can determine is....

Windows had a corrupt update file.

That might be a good place to start on a wiped PC -- have you run all Windows updates?
<<

Mojoguy01

Post Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:31 pm

lax wrote:I recently had an e-mail exchange with someone who had this exact issue. His wasn't on a wiped PC with a clean install of everything, so we went through the process of verifying he's launching the right game executable, has parameters that don't cause the problem, checking for incompatible software, etc.

Here is what he said after finally getting the problem resolved:
In my frustration yesterday I uninstalled all my windows update and then let windows do the updating again. From what I can determine is....

Windows had a corrupt update file.

That might be a good place to start on a wiped PC -- have you run all Windows updates?

Hmm, no because whenever I wipe my PC I always just leave updates off since my version of windows is as far as I normally care for it to go other than security updates (since Microsoft has been very shady in the things they've been pushing down their updates the past year or so).

I'll keep trying a bunch of things. Thanks :)!
<<

Mojoguy01

Post Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:04 pm

Fix Confirmed:
Ensure the following Windows Service Pack is installed: kb3125574

It's Win7's "Service Pack 2", or what people call it SP2 but not officially by Microsoft :).
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:42 pm

Great! Glad you got that sorted, and thank you for providing more information!

It's frustrating how many times I'll go looking for an answer to a problem, only to find the OP stating "Okay I fixed it" and/or nothing else :)
<<

daniel21484

Post Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:36 pm

I just wanted to post here to confirm that you do indeed need to have the SP2 installed for this to work. I was getting the same error as the OP and installing sp2 fixed the issue.

Return to EverQuest 2