FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Windows 2/3 only showing top corner of screen

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Snaare

Post Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:14 pm

Windows 2/3 only showing top corner of screen

So, this is a quick screenshot of my 3-box setup. Whatever window I focus works great, but my secondary/tertiary windows dont properly resize and instead show a clip of a full screen window of their respective client.

Installed NVidia Drivers : 368.81
Card: 660M

I know I can rollback the drivers to 359.xx series and it works fine, but my performance in other games suffers when I go back that far.

Any fixes, or FX overlays that would solve this problem without me having to reinstall drivers depending on my game choice?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:20 pm

Re: Windows 2/3 only showing top corner of screen

Try changing the windowed mode setting in the game. If it is set to full screen, set it to windowed, or vice versa. The maximize/borderless setting may also be of use. (Note that ISBoxer will still enforce the borderless window layout, regardless of what you configure in the game, but this may change the game's behavior.)

As for VFX, absolutely. You can replace all of the small windows with VFX on a DxNothing. MiRai did a video on VFX Layouts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hntr1IE1Xgc
<<

Snaare

Post Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:06 pm

lax wrote:Try changing the windowed mode setting in the game. If it is set to full screen, set it to windowed, or vice versa. The maximize/borderless setting may also be of use. (Note that ISBoxer will still enforce the borderless window layout, regardless of what you configure in the game, but this may change the game's behavior.)

As for VFX, absolutely. You can replace all of the small windows with VFX on a DxNothing. MiRai did a video on VFX Layouts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hntr1IE1Xgc

I'll play with those settings and then take a look at the VFX video you posted. When i roll back my drivers, I dont have to change any ISBoxer settings, which is what seems a bit odd to me, but i'll toggle them and let you know how it works out!

Thanks for the quick reply.
--

The only setting seems to be a full-screen toggle box, which just crops the main-focus window down.

Off to learn VFX!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:55 am

It has come to light this may be an issue with NVIDIA Optimus, which is where you have both an NVIDIA GPU and an Intel GPU, and they are both working together on your laptop. Please try updating your Intel graphics driver!

Return to EverQuest 2