FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Everquest2.exe crashes just after launch since 15-jun-2016

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:39 am

Re: Everquest2.exe crashes just after launch since 15-jun-2016

Unfortunately the process dump is fairly useless as it is just giving a snapshot of EQ2 gracefully exiting itself.

We've also been unable to reproduce your issue (meaning it's working fine for us and others).

So my first thought at the moment is perhaps you have a custom Virtual File? It's possible to configure and assign one that prevents the game from accessing files. Show us your configuration and we can rule that out -- http://isboxer.com/wiki/Configuration_Sharing
<<

eq2user

Post Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:56 am

Thankyou for the update - Will share the config files once I'm back home (at work at the mo)
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:50 am

eq2user wrote:lookslike someone else having same error I'm getting - unknown if they are using innerspace or not - they posted to Daybreak forums

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/in ... nd.570685/

Have you tried the fix that someone posted in that thread yesterday? You'd need to edit your characters' virtual files, and not just the base .ini file listed in that thread.
<<

eq2user

Post Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:08 pm

the suggested fixes didn't help

have emailed lax the shared export stuff.. wasn't sure how safe to port my config link in here
<<

Snaare

Post Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:25 pm

If you're using an NVidia Card, I had to roll back my drivers to 359.06 , which lets me launch my instances perfectly.

Anything installed higher than that, and it would just crash upon launching.
<<

eq2user

Post Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:33 pm

re video driver, Wife's Pc uses an older version of driver as later versions have lots of "driver" issues (graphic glitches/fuzzy colours/adapter stop responding - which is MS bug with registry fix available to stop watchdog restarting adapter driver - that fix introduced other issues so we just used older driver (GTX 275) -

I'm running GTX960 - my driver updated in March-2016 and doesn't have issues wife experiences on the GTX275

------

We've used wife's pc for testing troubleshooting..

fresh clean install of game (runs outside innerspace fine - no customisation- stock std default everything)

blown away all isboxer/innerspace and reinstalled - updated video driver (urrg broke gameplay outside inerspace - reverted)

fresh isboxer very basic build of single game profile , 6 windows following wizard

found these "virtual files" i keep seeing mentioned but not fully understanding (but suspected they were the "eq2_recent-<slotname>.ini and confirmed thats what they did)
virtual files got created on export to innerspace - compared files and confirmed they were identical to eq2_recent.ini

The error continues to occur

reverted innerspace back to 32bit (unticked 64bit) and restarted - still error

tested without virtual files - same error

any update from the pastebin url I emailed Lax ?
Previous

Return to EverQuest 2