FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

I heard DayBreak is on a rampage for multiboxing?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Mojoguy01

Post Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:40 pm

I heard DayBreak is on a rampage for multiboxing?

Recently I've seen posts everywhere about multiboxers being banned across the board at DBG for EQ1 and EQ2. (More so EQ2 than 1)

Did they stop, or are they still on a mad hunt for multiboxers? I heard ever since they started doing so the game has taken a MASSIVE hit in population and servers are being merged left and right due to extremely low populations.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:59 pm

Re: I heard DayBreak is on a rampage for multiboxing?

If multiboxers were being banned by the dozens, then I'm sure you'd here about it over on this forum, but do you see that over here? No, you don't. When DBG announced a "no box" server people came to this forum immediately to talk about it, so if there was a multiboxing emergency currently happening in either of the EverQuest games, then I would assume this forum would have some information on it.

In fact, I don't see a single thread on the EQ2 forum which contains the word "multibox" since at least March 1st (unless their forum search is not working correctly), and over on the EQ1 forum there's a thread which is active as of today talking about how easy multiboxing is in EQ1.

Do you have anything to back up what you're saying?
<<

Mojoguy01

Post Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:54 pm

MiRai wrote:If multiboxers were being banned by the dozens, then I'm sure you'd here about it over on this forum, but do you see that over here? No, you don't. When DBG announced a "no box" server people came to this forum immediately to talk about it, so if there was a multiboxing emergency currently happening in either of the EverQuest games, then I would assume this forum would have some information on it.

In fact, I don't see a single thread on the EQ2 forum which contains the word "multibox" since at least March 1st (unless their forum search is not working correctly), and over on the EQ1 forum there's a thread which is active as of today talking about how easy multiboxing is in EQ1.

Do you have anything to back up what you're saying?

Yea, lemme find some threads on it. They were talking in the forum pretty heavy about it for awhile.
<<

Mojoguy01

Post Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:10 pm

There was a 10+ some-odd page thread about multiboxers being sent to drunder that had been going since January/Feb. It was locked when I found it last week, but looking high and low for it now and I cannot find it. Looks like it was removed from the EQ2 forum :(.

I'll post if I find a copy of it somewhere or another similar post. Just watch out because I had a friend who used to box get his 6box team sent to drunder so he quit back in Feb. Didn't know if it was still happening.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:02 am

Oh, the irony..... the Plane of Tactics..

If it is true, it's not like they are being banned though is it?
<<

nexxusofa178

Post Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:08 am

MiRai wrote:Do you have anything to back up what you're saying?

Excerpt from EQ2Wire:

After last week’s banning and suspension of hundreds of EverQuest II players for running third party software including boxing and botting programs

http://eq2wire.com/2016/07/01/daybreak- ... rket-keys/
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:00 pm

nexxusofa178 wrote:Excerpt from EQ2Wire:

After last week’s banning and suspension of hundreds of EverQuest II players for running third party software including boxing and botting programs

http://eq2wire.com/2016/07/01/daybreak- ... rket-keys/

Did you happen to read the rest of the article? It explains exactly why people were being banned:

After a slew of inexpensive keys for their newest expansion The Broken Mirror hit popular reselling sites like G2A and PlayerAuctions, players who’ve activated these keys have been banned.

This is why you don't buy keys from shady re-seller sites like this. People sell you cheap keys that they obtained through whatever means that weren't legit, and those keys are then revoked because of that, but the person who sold you the key now has your money and you don't have an account.

This has nothing to do with multiboxing with ISBoxer, and everything to do with people using game keys from sources that weren't legit.

Return to EverQuest 2