FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Not broadcasting key maps to other windows

Moderator: MiRai

<<

mbynum5389

Post Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:16 am

Not broadcasting key maps to other windows

I haven't played EQ2 in quite awhile, but decided to come back. So i loaded up my older isboxer config and ran into an issue. It seems I am only sending key maps to current window and no others. So I created a new config and set up a basic key map that sends a "1" to all windows with current. I have "1" set to a macro in game for each character that does a simple /say hey. I can see the say happen on whichever current window I am on, but no others. When I switch to a second window, I can see the say on the new window and no others even the previous window I was on and tested. I am running Windows 10 now whereas previously I was running Windows 7. Has anyone ever seen anything like this? Thanks in advance to any help.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:27 am

Re: Not broadcasting key maps to other windows

Are your Key Maps enabled? (by default, Shift Alt M)
Is this newly created Mapped Key inside of a Key Map which is assigned to your Character Set?

If "yes" to both of those questions, then it may help to see your profile.
<<

mbynum5389

Post Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:10 am

Thanks MiRai. I've verified that the key map is assigned to my characters. Here a copy of my config, http://pastebin.com/sNbJ8XKE
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:47 am

Try using the Quick Setup Wizard; it is in the Wizards menu. It will do a bunch of stuff for you. Like create a bunch of standard key maps, and mapped keys in them. It will also tick the option for "Make game believe it is foreground window (the game may otherwise ignore buttons)", which is on your character set, and the likely reason that your mapped key is not doing what you expect.

Mind you, if you are experiencing this with your old profile, it might help to see the old profile, rather than your quick new profile.

/edit:
Hah. I see that you have setup a clickbar with a button to run your mapped key. I'm a bit slow sometimes. The button has the mapped key set, but no Target, so ISBoxer doesn't know where to send the mapped key. Set a Target on the action, like Window:Current would be a good choice. My original suggestion might be wrong :).
<<

mbynum5389

Post Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:02 pm

Awesome Bob you nailed it. :D :oops: I had to check the "make game believe is is the foreground window". Once I checked that and reloaded everything worked great. Thanks Bob and MiRai for the help!!!!!

Return to EverQuest 2