FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Multi boxing EQ2X mouse stuttering

Moderator: MiRai

<<

pathfinder214th

Post Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:27 pm

Multi boxing EQ2X mouse stuttering

Hey all,
New to ISBoxer and am trying to run it on 3 computers as Im tired of zone loading on other 2 accounts from 1 computer (if there is a fix for this please tell me how Im trying to run 3 toons).

Unfortunatly Im using one desktop and 2 laptops, the issue Im having is when trying to setup Repeater windows it seams the resolution from the one laptop is causeing major stutters on my mouse on the main PC if that makes any sence. Also it will only show 1 target window repeating not All. The second laptop seems to ignore the placement of the box I set. I had to adjust my action bar on slave so it would line up correctly with the master computer is there a way to sync the res?

Respect
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:58 pm

Re: Multi boxing EQ2X mouse stuttering

Be sure you are only broadcasting the mouse from one computer to another.
Not from all windows to all windows.
You want the slave toons/computers, to copy the position on the mouse from the main PC only.

If you run the game on one PC or three, you'll still need to load the zones three times (one for each instance of the game).
Either way, each window should load at once.
Depending on the power of the computer systems, this can be faster or a slower process.
One relatively cheap but huge boost for loading times, is a lower end SSD -- purely for the gaming folder.
Honestly, not sure on the resources for EQ2.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

nexxusofa178

Post Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:57 pm

pathfinder214th wrote:Hey all,
Im tired of zone loading on other 2 accounts from 1 computer (if there is a fix for this please tell me how Im trying to run 3 toons).

I think you may be referring to the issue Lax posted about here:
viewtopic.php?p=2298#p2298

If so, try running 3 different/seperate directories.
<<

pathfinder214th

Post Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:21 pm

Sorry for posting late for replies. I will try to broadcast to only one other computer at a time and see if that fixes it. On the otherside how do I make seperate directories for accounts and make isBoxer recognize the three sirectories?

Thanks
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:16 am

Always check the Quick Start Guide, here's how to use multiple folders: http://isboxer.com/wiki/Quick_Start_Guide#Using_multiple_game_folders
<<

pathfinder214th

Post Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:08 pm

Lax,
Thanks for the link I hope they fix the issue with multiple instance that a fairly large footprint on one computer. All is well in my EQ2X world.

Respect

Return to EverQuest 2