FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

EQ2 Video Crashes

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Scuro

Post Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:17 am

EQ2 Video Crashes

I am new to ISBoxer and have been primarily running 2 clients. Occasionally I will run only one client when the 2nd is not needed, yet still launch through Innerspace for the window settings etc. Whether 1 or 2 clients my issue is the same:

Everquest 2 will "Video Crash" within 10-30 minutes. By this I mean that the video freezes but the client still successfully receives peripheral input from the mouse and keyboard. I can see on the 2nd client where the character from the crashed client is moving around and reacting to inputs. I have tried the lowest game video settings all the way to the highest settings and quality seems to have no bearing on the issue.

The second client is unaffected by the 1st's crash and this always occurs on the primary active client. Never seen it on the 2nd window which is running in a smaller scaled window on a peripheral monitor.

I've tried updated nVidia drivers without success.

Some hardware info in the event it's relevant:
Windows 8.1
Intel Core i7-5930K, 32 GB DDR2400, Tri-SLI GTX 980, 3 Dell U3415W with set to Surround, 1 Dell 3008WFP Accessory Display.
Primary window resolution: 7600, 1440 (I have set this higher and lower and have not had success eliminating the crash).

I can run the client for extended periods of time at the same resolution as ISBoxer without Innerspace / ISBoxer running and will not have a video crash. So, I believe I am experiencing an issue with the Innerspace software.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:47 am

Re: EQ2 Video Crashes

Not that I have an answer, but it would probably be helpful to see what the crash says.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:01 am

Back when this kind of thing was happening with D3, it used to be that there was a compatibility setting in place, so a diagnostic may be useful too.

You might also consider disabling surround (and potentially SLI), simplifying your setup to something a bit more simple, to see if the problem still occurs.
<<

Scuro

Post Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:49 am

MiRai wrote:Not that I have an answer, but it would probably be helpful to see what the crash says.

Hi MiRai, thank you for the reply. Is there a log that I can access to give you this information? Otherwise, there is not an actual client crash dialog or anything that pops up. I have to close the process in Task Manager. I think this relates to the fact that the client typically doesn't crash "normally" in that it is still running, just the video is frozen.

bob wrote:Back when this kind of thing was happening with D3, it used to be that there was a compatibility setting in place, so a diagnostic may be useful too.

You might also consider disabling surround (and potentially SLI), simplifying your setup to something a bit more simple, to see if the problem still occurs.

Hi Bob, also thank you for the reply. Here is a link: http://privatepaste.com/553089cb57

I may eventually try to disable surround etc. But that complicates things for other games / setups that exist without issue. Also, since the EQ2 client runs fine without Innerspace using Surround I suspected the issue was unrelated to the surround setting. However, I will try this out if I can't nail down alternate things to try first.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:05 pm

Scuro wrote:
MiRai wrote:Not that I have an answer, but it would probably be helpful to see what the crash says.
Hi MiRai, thank you for the reply. Is there a log that I can access to give you this information? Otherwise, there is not an actual client crash dialog or anything that pops up. I have to close the process in Task Manager. I think this relates to the fact that the client typically doesn't crash "normally" in that it is still running, just the video is frozen.

There may be an error or warning that appears in the Event Viewer [Start > Run (or Win+R) > type in "eventvwr" > Windows Logs > Application].
<<

Scuro

Post Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:10 am

Adjusting the CPU scheme to round robin seems to have resolved this issue. Sort of surprised that helped. Thought I'd update in the event anyone else has a similar problem.

Return to EverQuest 2