FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

key maps and eq2x

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ladylindael

Post Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:18 pm

key maps and eq2x

I posted this under keymaps, but figured it should have been posted here. LOL And I didn't give a lot on info on last post. I am bran new to isboxer. But anyways I have isboxer set up fine with going into the game, but it won't do any of the mapkeys I set up? I am REALLY looking forward to trying this. I am normally a solo player, and this would be awesome to be able to go do stuff like dungeons. My config is below. I hope its a easy simple fix. If not I well work with until its fixed and working. And the game is Everquest 2 Extended.

I have windows 7 and 9 gigs of ram.

http://pastebin.com/dkaMpbuf <---- My configuration.
<<

nexxusofa178

Post Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:42 pm

Re: key maps and eq2x

I don't know how to view your posted config well enough to see what's wrong. But the most common problem I've seen with mapped keys not working, is they're not linked to your character or character set. You can just drag it in ISBoxer to link them.

I did a guide on eq2x a while back, but I'm not sure if Lax has posted it yet. He may still be reviewing it. But I covered this in more detail in my guide if you get it.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:28 pm

nexxusofa178 wrote:I don't know how to view your posted config well enough to see what's wrong.

To view someone's config:
1. Open up a SECOND instance of ISBoxer.
2. When it says are you sure? Click yes. Auto-save will be disabled in this second instance by default, so just don't Export their config or manually save it over your config, and it wont overwrite any of your own config (which you can also back up first if you want to be extra sure).
3. Copy their XML to the clipboard
4. ISBoxer right click on "ISBoxer" in the top pane (the very top item in the tree) and select Paste ISBoxer Toolkit Profile from Clipboard.

I posted this under keymaps, but figured it should have been posted here. LOL And I didn't give a lot on info on last post. I am bran new to isboxer. But anyways I have isboxer set up fine with going into the game, but it won't do any of the mapkeys I set up? I am REALLY looking forward to trying this. I am normally a solo player, and this would be awesome to be able to go do stuff like dungeons. My config is below. I hope its a easy simple fix. If not I well work with until its fixed and working. And the game is Everquest 2 Extended.

The crux of the issue is that you selected "Other" during the Quick Setup Wizard rather than selecting EverQuest 2. This means that ISBoxer did not configure EQ2-specific options for you, including the option "Make game believe it is foreground window (EQ1,EQ2,LOTRO)" under your Character Set. Without this option, sending keys or mouse clicks to the other EQ2 windows will not work. Check the option in your Character Set, Export, and it will begin to work.
<<

ladylindael

Post Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:16 pm

ohh thank you! :D that worked. Yay!
<<

nexxusofa178

Post Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:44 am

lax wrote:
nexxusofa178 wrote:I don't know how to view your posted config well enough to see what's wrong.

To view someone's config:
1. Open up a SECOND instance of ISBoxer.

Ah, very cool. I was thinking if I could only load up their config, I could probably figure out what was wrong. But I didn't want to mess mine up in the process, so this works perfectly. Thanks Lax!

Return to EverQuest 2