FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

EQ2X & Windows 7

Moderator: MiRai

<<

knickster

Post Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:54 pm

EQ2X & Windows 7

I'm using 2 separate installs of Everquest II Extended and running into a problem when I go to launch my character set. The EQ2 Client application crashes right away and I get the ISBoxer error - 22. I tried to follow the recent guide on adding EQ2X to your games. I am using build 5245. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium. I thought security might be an issue so I set Everquest2.exe to run as an administrator. I also changed the Launching Applications to enable (it was prompt) under Security in Internet Explorer.

I'm stumped and rather bummed as this program looks like a great way to multibox EQ2X.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:05 pm

Re: EQ2X & Windows 7

You don't need to set EQ2 to run as Administrator, it's going to run as Administrator just by running it through Inner Space (which is running as Administrator). Also, it's not a Windows 7 issue -- ISBoxer works with all of these games on Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7, 32 or 64-bit. It'd be something else installed on your PC, most likely ;)

If you can get me more information from the crash box from EQ2 that would help
<<

knickster

Post Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:09 pm

Windows:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: EverQuest2.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.1
Application Timestamp: 4c9ceb55
Fault Module Name: StackHash_2264
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00000000
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 2264
Additional Information 2: 2264db07e74365624c50317d7b856ae9
Additional Information 3: 875f
Additional Information 4: 875fa2ef9d2bdca96466e8af55d1ae6e

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid= ... cid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Inner Space:

Failed to execute '"C:\Program Files\Sony Online Entertainment EQ2X1\Installed Games\EverQuest II Extended\EverQuest2.exe"
cl_prefetch_wait 120; cl_resource_address http://eq2.patch.station.sony.com/patch ... sets/live/".
Inner Space Launcher Error Code-22
(it will help to report Inner Space Launcher Error Code -22 if reporting this issue!)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:45 pm

Okay. Unfortunately that doesn't help too much, but there might be something I can do.

I'll work on that; in the meantime there's another tool you can run that might provide useful information. Grab Hijack This http://download.cnet.com/Trend-Micro-HijackThis/3000-8022_4-10227353.html and when you run it, theres a big button that says Do a system scan and save a log file -- it's selected by default. Click that and when it pops up the log in notepad, paste that here for me or send it to me in email at lax@lavishsoft.com. That'll help me determine if it's another program interfering somehow.
<<

nexxusofa178

Post Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:39 am

Knickster,

I'm running multiple/separate installs of EQ2X on Win 7, so I can confirm, like Lax said, that it works. You've probably already done a lot of this, but here are some basics to try in addition to hijack this that Lax sent.

1. I noticed you have the game in the "program files" directory. EQ2X does not install here by default because of issues with games in the program files directory. I would suggest moving your install directories to a different folder outside of program files. Like "C:\Games\EQ2X" or something.

I've seen several red names (developers) mention this problem about the program files directory on the eq2x forums. For example, take a look at this post for reference:
http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2x/pos ... 2482#23629

2. If you navigate to your EQ2 folder, can you double-click on EverQuest2.exe and login to the game ok like that? Or does it still crash? And can you do this from both of your installation directories?

3. Forget about the ISBoxer and character sets for a minute - can you try manually re-adding your game to Inner Space? (Just right-click the Inner Space icon and select "add game") Browse to the EverQuest2.exe file and type whatever name you want. And this time, don't worry about the parameters: "cl_prefetch_wait 120; cl_resource_address http://eq2.patch.station.sony.com/patch ... sets/live/" This isn't needed any longer, although it was when EQ2X just came out.

Once you have it manually added, try running it directly from Inner Space and see if it still crashes. (Right-click Inner space and just click on the name you just typed in when adding your game.)

4. Also, what exactly did you mean about changing the launching application in IE to enable? I never had to do anything like that on mine.

Let me know the results. And yes, you're correct, this IS a GREAT program for multiboxing EQ2. So don't be bummed just yet. We'll try to get you up and running one way or the other.
<<

knickster

Post Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:24 pm

I see what you mean by the program files not being the best directory to work under.
We have 5 computers at home running EQ2X and I was having a hard time with the loader on my older computers so I would update it on mine and then copy it around.

I reinstalled the copy of EQ2X i had for my first account and that solved the problem of EQ2 crashing on me. (i was able to start that one manually before the re-install)
Then I had a problem of that character slot saying it was launched already in the console.

But I have it working now with the two accounts running from two different installs, and I am able start it all off with the ISBoxer character set.

I will checkout HijackThis.

Thanks for your patience with my newbness and the advice. You have sweet multiboxing program here.
<<

nexxusofa178

Post Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:14 pm

knickster wrote:But I have it working now with the two accounts running from two different installs, and I am able start it all off with the ISBoxer character set.

I will checkout HijackThis.

Great, glad you got it working. Sounds to me like some files may have got corrupted with all the copying around. And if it's working fine, you don't necessarily have to worry about hijackthis. Hijackthis just reports any anomalies or malware programs on your system that may have been interferring with ISBoxer. Lax wanted to see a log file to see if he could determine what the conflict is. But you can probably skip that since you're working now.

Have fun!

Return to EverQuest 2