FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Crash on start up

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Alecdr

Post Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:01 pm

Re: Crash on start up

Thanks I will try that, and thanks for hanging in as I work my way thru this. I know you have lots of folks to support.
<<

Alecdr

Post Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:32 pm

Yes! removing the window layout let me get all 6 accts up. Unfortunately, when I created replacement layouts one for the two monitors I have been using and one for just a single monitor it crashed on the load of the second toon for multi monitor and 3rd toon for single monitor. I sent the crash logs with appropriate notes do you want to see the system state uploaded.

I am going to try rolling back the version of the video driver I am using and see if that helps.

Any more thought appreciated.
<<

Alecdr

Post Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:03 pm

Did roll back to 337. ver of NVidia, turned off everything suggested. going to start from scratch and hope that fixes it. Here is current config http://privatepaste.com/659b9afe87

Thanks
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:10 pm

You might try removing the Application Compatibility (Run as Admin) from the exe.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers:
0 E:\everquest IIA\EQ2.exe: RUNASADMIN

This is causing Windows to load the application compatibility layer.
66. C:\Windows\AppPatch\AcLayers.DLL

Which may be generating some grief.

Innerspace will launch the EXE as an admin process anyway, because Innerspace runs as an admin process. If you need the setting for other purposes, then you may need to have a command (CMD) file to launch separately as admin.

Although this may just be wishful thinking because I'd expect them all to crash if this was the case. :roll:
<<

Alecdr

Post Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:58 pm

Thanks Bob I will try removing that in the registry or where ever the heck it got set this way.

For Lax: if that does not fix it I did, at the suggestion of bjcasey, very slowly loaded each instance one at a time then then ran the char set to get the windows layout to work. He said that might give you something to work with. I know setting the delay between instances starting as high as 30 secs was not helping.

I am hoping bob is on to the problem. I have a whole team in finally but I want to get it running before the expac breaks it again. Thanks to everyone for all the help and I will post the results.
<<

Alecdr

Post Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:27 pm

Alas that was not the silver bullet bob. But I am able to log each one in separately using the profile I normally do and then launch the set to get the revised window layout. So I am operational just not fully automated. After we get past the expansion perhaps we can figure this out.
<<

Alecdr

Post Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:45 am

WELL something we did worked. It now works like it did before mid week last week. Thanks for all the input. My system and install is certainly cleaner and I am up and running in the new expac.

Thank you again to all who chimed in.
<<

ren-dnb

Post Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:14 pm

Alecdr wrote:WELL something we did worked. It now works like it did before mid week last week. Thanks for all the input. My system and install is certainly cleaner and I am up and running in the new expac.

Thank you again to all who chimed in.

I was about to say. For me I actually didn't do anything. In my case, when they patched a couple of weeks ago for the Night of the Dead events, thats when things when south for me as far as logging in. Using the default profile worked. After the major patch yesterday, everything has worked as normal. So it had something to do with the EQ2 client acting like a goof ball. Either way it wasn't too game breaking for me, just annoying and clunky.
Previous

Return to EverQuest 2