FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Crash on start up

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Alecdr

Post Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:15 am

Crash on start up

For the past several weeks first attempt to bring up a team resulted in the crash.

Crash is immediately after attempt to start an instance or an entire team.

On bad days a soft or hard reboot would get me going. Tonight just trying a single profile cause a crashSome times I would get an error trying to restart when a single player crashed.

Game runs from outside innerspace and the tool box program starts up just fine. This configuration had run seamlessly for many month. Then about 6 weeks ago this problem started.

http://privatepaste.com/f6ad434d8d

Any help appreciate. I figured out how to post the logs so I deleted the cut and paste from the crash reporter to make the post cleaner.
Last edited by Alecdr on Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
<<

Alecdr

Post Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:14 am

Re: Crash on start up

Well its not the latest eq2.exe. Its this install. I just got at least one instance up on my laptop, after update. The main machine has been played every day and is up to date. Any suggestions other than a complete re install?

Again any suggestions appreciated.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:33 am

I figured out how to post the logs so I deleted the cut and paste from the crash reporter to make the post cleaner.

Luckily I see your crash report anyway.

I believe your issue may be related to your "Portrait Displays" software. Is that something you can try shutting down?
Code:
53. pdisrvc - Process ID: 3208 (C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Portrait Displays\Drivers\pdisrvc.exe)
99. wpCtrl - Process ID: 5968 (C:\Program Files (x86)\Portrait Displays\Pivot Software\wpCtrl.exe)

If that doesn't help I would also try shutting down TeamViewer to make sure that isn't causing a problem as well
<<

Alecdr

Post Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:49 pm

Thank you sir. I am at my office but I will remote in and see if that fixes it, otherwise I will report back early evening Central US. Again thank you for looking and getting back to me so quickly!
<<

Alecdr

Post Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:50 pm

Ignore email. Reboot after killing teamview has me up and running. One instance for sure and then second one but the 3rd one crashes, Log sent.
<<

Alecdr

Post Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:43 pm

http://privatepaste.com/07351e8d4a
Here is log of state of the machine where innerspace crashes upon the attempt to launch the 3rd character of a team.
I have also sent the crash logs with a few notes.

Removed portrait viewer and other suggested items. Still getting crash on 3rd character start up.
I can start 3 now individually but still crashes on 4th, also here is my toolkit profile file

Any help appreciated, a lot!!

Thanks
Attachments
11-6-14 isboxer tool kit.xml
(1.17 MiB) Downloaded 774 times
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:06 am

Still getting crash on 3rd character start up. I can start 3 now individually but still crashes on 4th,

I assume this means you can start 3 outside of innerspace., but in Innerspace it only starts 2 before crashing.

Have you tried monitoring software like openhardwaremonitor to see if you're computer is over temp? i.e. getting too hot. What about memory tests to make sure you don't have a faulty stick, or even a PSU check to make sure that your PSU hasn't been damaged recently by a power spike and can no longer supply the necessary power draw once you start the right number of clients.

If you haven't considered the above, you possibly should.

Other things you could also try
1. Removing Avast. It has known to cause issues. At the very least you should exclude the processes for Innerspace.exe and Everquest.exe from all realtime monitoring - this can have mixed results which is why removing it is generally the recommended test.
2. ASUS software.
3. Continue down the list of running software and uninstall (best method) or prevent from startup (sometimes this does not stop filter drivers from loading).
<<

Alecdr

Post Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:45 am

I will try all those suggestions, thank you. But no the 3 individual are inside innerspace, just using profile that lets me start one account at a time rather than a team.

RESULTS:

Temp monitor shows within acceptable ranges, memory tested ok, exclude innerspace directory and eq2 directory. Still getting crashes on 3rd toon.

If I did a reinstall over the existing one might that help or is it that sunddenly something is on my system that is blocking.

Also how would I test my power supply other than getting another one and replacing it. Hopefully there is a test out there short of that.

Thanks for your help I will keep at it after work.
<<

Alecdr

Post Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:34 pm

I have a 2nd machine identical hardware figured that might eliminate the memory, power supply etc issue. reinstall of isboxer suite and can open a team of two but when I add 3rd member to the character set up I get this crash. Logs already sent. Her is profile: http://privatepaste.com/d474a3ff22

I am able to launch, on this machine 5 instance separately, using the built in default profile, 5th crashes but will start 2nd time it is tried.

again, any help appreciate. I did try disabling all the motherboard manufacture software and that did not seem to make a difference also still crashing.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:15 pm

The crash may be related to your Window Layout.

If you have changed your monitors around, video cards, or sometimes even driver updates could cause a problem here.

Try removing the Window Layout from your Character Set for starters, and then if that works try using the Window Layout Wizard to recreate a new one for it.
Next

Return to EverQuest 2