FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Unable to connect to login servers

Moderator: MiRai

<<

rcmag133

Post Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:23 am

Unable to connect to login servers

Hey guys,

I've read a post that someone had with this problem earlier but there was no solid explanation on how to resolve it....viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4476.

I have been boxing EQ2 off and on for quite a few years now and I have just come back from about a year break. I re-downloaded the game and put in my isboxer/innerspace parameters but when I launch the game throough innerspace and key in my password, none of instances will connect to a login server. I get the message "trying login server #1" then it just cycles through the login servers until it tells me it can't connect and to make sure the server is up.

I can login with all the accounts fine as long as I go through the patcher, but if I try to run the game with everquest2.exe I get this message. Yes, I turned key maps off and keyed in my password that way and I also actually typed the password up in a text document and manually pasted it in just to make sure it was correct and still the same issue.

I also tried running different exe files in the everquest 2 directory to make sure I didn't use the wrong one when i linked them to my characters. I tried everquest2.exe, eq2.exe and launchpad.exe. The other 2 files will just give me an error 404 and only one instance will launch. Everquest2.exe will launch all 6 instances but stalls at trying to find a login server.

I was unable too find any answer to this question and I'd hate to just throw in the towel and forget about coming back to EQ2 so I decided to post here. I'm hoping someone else has run into this issue and knows the fix!

Thanks
<<

rcmag133

Post Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:46 am

Re: Unable to connect to login servers

I also tried running the patcher and ensured that I got any files and extra files that needed to be patched before I ran innerspace, still no go.

Update:

For whatever reason I ran the patcher today and it looks as though the entire game is trying to reinstall. Maybe the installation was corrupt? I'm hoping that I can run it afterwards.
<<

rcmag133

Post Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:16 am

Well, that didn't help either. I've tried about everything.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:27 pm

Do you have proxy/firewall/internet security software that might be malfunctioning when used with Inner Space?

A "Diagnostics for game crashes" from ISBoxer's Help menu (http://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics) could help identify interference like this
<<

rcmag133

Post Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:10 pm

Thanks lax, I will try this tonight when I get home. saying crash was a bit confusing since the game doesn't actually crash but instead just cycles through login servers and then gives up.

I did notice that I can run everquest2.exe by itself and login fine. It's only when I launch it with innerspace that it can't find a login server. Oddly enough I tried running it on my laptop and I was able to launch the game perfectly fine through innerspace so this computer might have an issue like you say with antivirus or something else going on with that.
<<

rcmag133

Post Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:19 pm

http://privatepaste.com/7d80e5ebf0

Here is the link to the diagnostics file.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:32 pm

Okay.

Try shutting down SpeedBit. This program has been shown to cause connection issues with ISBoxer in the past.
62. VideoAcceleratorService - Process ID: 2092 (C:\PROGRA~2\SPEEDB~1\VideoAcceleratorService.exe)
73. C:\Program Files (x86)\SpeedBit Video Accelerator\SBLSP.dll
<<

rcmag133

Post Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:41 am

That was definitely the problem, particularly SBLSP.dll was really nasty as it attaches itself to a lot of programs.

Once I removed the files everything worked fine. Hopefully someone else will find this thread useful, speedbit is an evil,evil program!

Thanks Lax!

Return to EverQuest 2