Post Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:05 am

EQ2 hotbar/Menu not responding [RESOLVED]

this is a post from another thread. i was asked to please make sure to provide a new thread for each issue as it helps for folks looking to find an answer. below was my issue:

okay, second issue, i have got it all up and running it appears. but i am having an issue with the 'menu' ingame only activating the hotkey for Slot2 character. so that when i depress the 9 key or click on the 'menu' with the mouse only the Slot2 character does anything. (for simplicity's sake i created a team of only 2.)

there is an ability in each hotkey for hotbar1 that i am attempting to activate, so it's not due to an empty keystroke.

i have deleted and gone through the wizard twice with the EQ2 video playing along, pausing as necessary.

edit***i forgot to add that Key Map is on in both clients and Broadcast is off.

------------------------------

RESOLVED

what i discovered is that EQ2 has a glitch in numbering hotbars.

what occurs is this: the spinner, which changes the number of your hotbar, does not actually correspond at times to the 'real' number of your hotbar.

to find your 'real' number right click on the offending hotbar and select Hotbar Settings. in that window, Hotbar Options, the third option down is Key Map with a drop down menu next to it.

that drop down menu tells you what your 'real' hotbar number is for the offending hotbar.

apparently you can also configure or change that number with the drop down menu. in my case i simply changed the 'real' number from Hotbar 4 to Hotbar 1. issue resolved.

{props to EQ2 AB community and /general for helping me with this.}