FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

only launches SOE launcher

Moderator: MiRai

<<

eq2010

Post Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:03 pm

only launches SOE launcher

i am brand new to this kind of thing in gaming, so i am sure i have muddled it up somewhere. :oops:

what is happening is that after having run the setup wizard for EQ2 for 3 characters to run, i saved the settings as instructed and then attempted to launch the game via the icon in the bottom right of the taskbar. i tried to do this several times. the first couple of times i simply selected the name of the character set i wanted to use. i also attempted to launch simply one slot as well.

each time i attempted a launch the EQ2 launcher would appear, i would then wait and when it became clear that nothing else was going to occur (about 5mins) i would close the EQ2 launcher down and attempt it again from the IS launcher icon in the tray.

i have file checked my EQ2 installation. i have rebooted my machine. i have created a second character set. i have checked for ghost EQ2 apps running.

while i am sure i am simply missing something basic i have run out of ideas or knowledge, even though your wiki and videos were very informative.

here is a paste to my ISB diagnostic. i ran the diag for crashes not knowing whether i should choose that or freezes.

http://www.privatepaste.com/703fdc5790

along with this i am including a paste of my ISB configuration.

http://www.privatepaste.com/8b44f4bf2c

thank you for your time and the chance to trial your software.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:17 pm

Re: only launches SOE launcher

It sounds like you've pointed Inner Space at EQ2's launcher, when you should have pointed it directly at the EXE file:

http://isboxer.com/wiki/EQ2:Quick_Start ... ng_ISBoxer

You'll need to double check your Game Profile in Inner Space and make any necessary changes:

http://isboxer.com/wiki/Game_Profile
<<

eq2010

Post Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:10 am

you were, of course, correct.

i must have done this somehow during installation as i used the drop down menu option for EQ2 in the setup wizard.

thank you for your time.
<<

eq2010

Post Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:52 pm

MiRai wrote:It sounds like you've pointed Inner Space at EQ2's launcher, when you should have pointed it directly at the EXE file:

http://isboxer.com/wiki/EQ2:Quick_Start ... ng_ISBoxer

You'll need to double check your Game Profile in Inner Space and make any necessary changes:

http://isboxer.com/wiki/Game_Profile

okay, second issue, i have got it all up and running it appears. but i am having an issue with the 'menu' ingame only activating the hotkey for Slot2 character. so that when i depress the 9 key or click on the 'menu' with the mouse only the Slot2 character does anything. (for simplicity's sake i created a team of only 2.)

there is an ability in each hotkey for hotbar1 that i am attempting to activate, so it's not due to an empty keystroke.

i have deleted and gone through the wizard twice with the EQ2 video playing along, pausing as necessary.

edit***i forgot to add that Key Map is on in both clients and Broadcast is off.

i found this post particularly explanatory. but still couldn't discover how to apply to my particular problem: http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/5061 ... d-menu-bar

this software is incredibly feature rich and to anyone doing multiboxing i don't think i can say enough good things about it. however, i'm afraid that multiboxing may just not be my thing, it's a bit anxiety inducing. :shock:
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:12 pm

First, I'd like to ask that you create new threads for new issues rather than compound a bunch of dissimilar issues into a single mega-thread. The topic of this thread is about the SoE Launcher, but now you're asking specifically about ISBoxer Menus. The main problem with this is that it makes it difficult to find useful information, because anyone who has an issue with the Menus, and does a search for them, is likely to skip over this thread entirely because of the original topic/subject matter.

To answer your question about the default Menu... Well, if the rest of the buttons work just fine and you haven't made any changes to your profile since your original post, then I would have to assume that "9" isn't correctly keybound in game on that character. If you can disable Key Maps, press 9, and the character does what it's supposed to do, then there might be a problem with the Menu. If the character doesn't do anything when you press 9 (and Key Maps are disabled), then the problem lies in game.

Also, anytime you make changes to your profile and want help with it, you should continue to share it along with your post for assistance; otherwise, the people helping you are taking shots in the dark guessing at what the answer may possibly be.
<<

eq2010

Post Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:58 pm

MiRai wrote:First, I'd like to ask that you create new threads for new issues rather than compound a bunch of dissimilar issues into a single mega-thread. The topic of this thread is about the SoE Launcher, but now you're asking specifically about ISBoxer Menus. The main problem with this is that it makes it difficult to find useful information, because anyone who has an issue with the Menus, and does a search for them, is likely to skip over this thread entirely because of the original topic/subject matter.

To answer your question about the default Menu... Well, if the rest of the buttons work just fine and you haven't made any changes to your profile since your original post, then I would have to assume that "9" isn't correctly keybound in game on that character. If you can disable Key Maps, press 9, and the character does what it's supposed to do, then there might be a problem with the Menu. If the character doesn't do anything when you press 9 (and Key Maps are disabled), then the problem lies in game.

Also, anytime you make changes to your profile and want help with it, you should continue to share it along with your post for assistance; otherwise, the people helping you are taking shots in the dark guessing at what the answer may possibly be.

my apologies, i was actually trying not to spam your forums since i am not yet a customer. your request makes perfect sense. please forgive the intrusion.

if i have any future questions i will be sure to start another thread and to post another link to my most recent profile.

thank you for your time.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:07 am

eq2010 wrote:my apologies, i was actually trying not to spam your forums since i am not yet a customer. your request makes perfect sense. please forgive the intrusion.

if i have any future questions i will be sure to start another thread and to post another link to my most recent profile.

thank you for your time.

Spam it up all you need to. The easier it is for everyone to find information the better. ;)

Return to EverQuest 2