FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

how can I disable 3D

Moderator: MiRai

<<

tzpmrz

Post Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:11 pm

how can I disable 3D

I played around with my video settings in EQ2 to get a little more light ( the gamma settings )
Now no matter what I do the game starts in 3D mode ( via InnerSpace )

I have to switch to 6 different windows and disable 3D each time I start the game.

is there a virtual .ini file I'm missing, does anyone know what file contains the 3d setting and what settings has to be changed to fix it?
I can start the game normally or outside of InnerSpace and it doesn't use the 3D settings.
<<

nexxusofa178

Post Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:07 pm

Re: how can I disable 3D

However you set the graphics for each character/window should save and be like that the next time you open them. However, I have had this happen to me where it kept loading something I had to keep changing. It was the complex shader distance - I would set it to -1 each time, but it kept reverting to something else.

Anyway, If everything is working fine or like you want it without using ISBoxer, then here is what I do to fix it:

In ISBoxer, there is a Virtual Files section that will have an entry for each of the characters in your character set. By default it will be eq2_recent-CHARNAME.ini.

Open up your EQ2 directory, find all of those eq2_recent files for each of your character names and delete them. The next time innerspace loads your character set, it will create new eq2_recent files and it will pull from your standard ones which are working correctly without the 3d setting enabled.
<<

tzpmrz

Post Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:43 pm

well....

if I run it stand alone, the 3D settings are ALWAYS enabled but it is able to detect that I don't have a 3D monitor connected so 3D isn't used.
if I run it through InnerSpace , it somehow is being told I do have a 3D monitor so it starts it up in 3d mode.

you can go do the options->sterescopic 3d and "disable" it but it's not saved in any file, reboot and it's re-enabled.

I tried to find some NVIDIA setting that would allow me to disable 3d but they seem to think NOBODY would ever want 3d disabled either.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:06 pm

If you don't actually use 3D at all, then you can choose not to install it when you install your video driver. So, reinstall your current driver (you may want to completely uninstall first, rather than just overwrite it), select custom install or whatever it's called during the install process, and uncheck the 3D vision stuff.
<<

nexxusofa178

Post Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:02 pm

tzpmrz wrote:you can go do the options->sterescopic 3d and "disable" it but it's not saved in any file, reboot and it's re-enabled.

If this is the case then something isn't working right. You should be able to make changes to your options and have them save. I would try to fix this as it may cause you problems in the long run.

But for a quick fix you can do Mirai 's suggestion. Download new nvidia drivers. Clean install. Custom install. No 3d
<<

tzpmrz

Post Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:46 am

I'm pretty sure the 3D settings are not saved by the game, if I run it outside of InnerSpace it's always enabled at startup.

the re-install of the video drivers without 3d worked :-)
thanks!

I used to have this same video card in my crashed PC also using Win8.1 and didn't have a problem.

The only thing different is the NVidia drivers 331.82 , so I assume it's related to that.

Return to EverQuest 2