FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Problem

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Boox

Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:02 pm

Problem

I recently was trying out a custom UI for EQ2. Everything works fine if I load it up the standard way [outside of Inner Space].

However, if I load EQ2 through Inner Space I run into a problem. Once I get into the character select screen (which takes 10 times longer now), none of my characters are rendered/show up. When I select a toon to log in, I get the following error:

---------------------------
Fatal Error
EverQuest II has detected an unrecoverable error and must shutdown.

<verify> G:\live\eq2\game\Client\src\GameScene.cpp (5482):
Failed to create zone. Suggestion: Please do a full scan from the patcher.
00e20911 01c85824
OK

BTW, I have nothing on G:\ related to EQ2 whatsoever. I have no idea why it's looking in that folder for anything.

So, I switched back to my previous UI.
Didn't work.

Deleted my Cache and Assets Folders and Validated all files.
Didn't work.

Deleted EQ2.exe and patched.
Didn't work.

This happened to me once before and I managed to recover from it, but I don't remember how.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

edit: Ok, looks like it had nothing to do with my custom UI. What happened is I exported my ISBoxer configuration from my second computer (added a second monitor) and that changed my EQ Client to be streaming instead of default for my main toon on my main computer. Once I changed that back, it worked.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:39 pm

Re: Problem

Glad to hear you figured it out :)

For future reference, the EQ2 error messages show a file in the EQ2 source code on the computer they built the client with, not something on your PC

Return to EverQuest 2