FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Free level 85 characters from Oct 1st - Oct 15 !!!!!

Moderator: MiRai

<<

DanISBoxes

Post Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:24 pm

Re: Free level 85 characters from Oct 1st - Oct 15 !!!!!

Here is what I've personally tested and found to be true.

• One free level 85 character can be made ONCE per account. If you delete your free level 85 and try to make a new one, you have to pay.
  • SOE uses your current IP address to determine what accounts are allowed to create a free level 85.
  • Changing your IP address allows an account that has not yet created or did not previously qualify for a free level 85 character to create a free level 85 character.
  • SOE checks for accounts creating free level 85 characters that are using linked email accounts (ex. account 1 and account 2 both use iplayEQ@gmail.com)
  • SOE checks for accounts using similar or patterned account logins that are creating multiple free level 85 characters. (Ex. ISBOXPaladin and ISBOXWarden as account names)
  • SOE bans accounts using multiple IP addresses but same email accounts when multiple level 85 chars are created (ex. I create a free level 85 at home and a free level 85 at work. Both share the same email)

What I have yet to determine...

• Does SOE ban separate accounts with separate email addresses that are created on separate IP addresses that are then all played and logged in from a single IP address (ex. I make account A with email address A from home. I then make account B using email address B from work. I then login at home on both account A and account B from home.
  • Is there a limit to the amount of free level 85 characters than can be used on a single IP address before SOE gets involved and either Temp or Perma-bans.

I will likely have my answer in the coming days as I created 24 new accounts after the Nov 22 deadline and all 24 accounts have a free level 85 character on them. For my own security sake, I will not explain how I did this (but if you are smart, the above paints a very good picture). Note that nothing I did was illegal to achieve this; Eula violating perhaps but not illegal.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:02 pm

DanISBoxes wrote:I will likely have my answer in the coming days as I created 24 new accounts after the Nov 22 deadline and all 24 accounts have a free level 85 character on them. For my own security sake, I will not explain how I did this (but if you are smart, the above paints a very good picture). Note that nothing I did was illegal to achieve this; Eula violating perhaps but not illegal.

You should read the ISBoxer.com Forum Rules (stickied in every forum). Anything against the game's ToS is not up for discussion here.
<<

DanISBoxes

Post Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:59 am

Alge wrote:
DanISBoxes wrote:I will likely have my answer in the coming days as I created 24 new accounts after the Nov 22 deadline and all 24 accounts have a free level 85 character on them. For my own security sake, I will not explain how I did this (but if you are smart, the above paints a very good picture). Note that nothing I did was illegal to achieve this; Eula violating perhaps but not illegal.

You should read the ISBoxer.com Forum Rules (stickied in every forum). Anything against the game's ToS is not up for discussion here.

Not actually sure if there is any eula violation going on. I saw no hard limit to the amount of accounts you could have. I saw nothing related to a set amount of IP address that can be logged in from either. I'll give it a thorough read-through later and modify my post to be in accordance.
<<

nexxusofa178

Post Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:17 pm

Hey Dan,

Where did you actually see that SOE is banning or had banned people for creating accounts that violated their "1 per household" rule? I searched for it but didn't find any definitive results.

I thought they would just not let you create any future accounts if your IP, email, location or whatever they check had already been flagged as having one created. I didn't know they would do "after the fact" bans. And are these permabans on the illegally created heroic 85 character? Or do they ban the whole station account?
<<

mesmerise

Post Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:59 am

My set up :

SK
inqui
mystic
illy
conjuror
troub

dont bother with a pure melee grp imo.
Previous

Return to EverQuest 2